[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of going to a rap concert? I have nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1502378184793.png (197KB, 294x256px) Image search: [Google]
1502378184793.png
197KB, 294x256px
What's the point of going to a rap concert?
I have nothing against the type of music, but isn't it usually just the rapper standing up and rapping parts of the song while the actual song plays behind them? Whenever I see a live hip hop performance this is what it is. Why would you pay to see that? My friend who is big into the genre and has been to many shows says that the only one worth seeing is Logic because he actually freestyles instead of just rapping the lyrics over the song playing behind him.
It would be one thing if they had some sort of backing band or something, but it's almost always just them standing up there alone yelling half the lyrics.
Do people just go to them just cause they wanna see a celeb in real life? I can't imagine it's for the music.
>>
>>74585907
Its EDM with more vocals

Gossip, gossip, nigga just stop it
Everybody know I'm a motherfucking monster
I'ma need to see your fucking hands at the concert
Profit, profit, nigga I got it
Everybody know I'm a motherfucking monster
I'ma need to see your fucking hands
>>
They have a dj play the instrumentals and rap over them. Are you dumb dumb

Also logic sucks shit
>>
>>74585907
Depends on the rapper.

Rappers use playback as much, if not more, than other kinds of musicians.

But really good ones rappers rap all the lyrics of the song, actually freestyle, bring a backing band, etc.
>>
I've always wondered this. Shit they wouldn't even have to actually "freestyle" just wrote a few new verses about what's going on the week of the concert, or in that city or something.

Same with rock to be honest though. Nothing more boring than going to see a band and all they do is play their songs just like they sound on the record.
>>
>>74586109
it's the problem with more established acts I think. A lot of bands that still "didn't make it" but have an EP or an indie album already are not afraid to try to shake things around on stage, which is always pretty fresh
>>
I saw Chance live in 2015 with a full live band. Kendrick was also touring with a live band in 2015. It definitely makes the performance more engaging and makes it actually feel "live" as opposed to the original recording playing in the background and the rapper chimes in whenever he feels like it with a few lyrics
>>
Denzel curry was good and I dont think he had a backtrack but honestly I was too fucked up to notice or care
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.