[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw this guy live like a month ago and holy hell did he sound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: tyler.png (280KB, 449x489px) Image search: [Google]
tyler.png
280KB, 449x489px
I saw this guy live like a month ago and holy hell did he sound bad. It was the first rap concert I've ever been to but are they always so awful?
>>
nah they're usually worse

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wX_YMxL9jaI
>>
>>74580300
all rappers are shit live senpai
>>
>>74580340
I'M NOT STARTING TILL I SEE A BUNCH OF CAMERA LIGHS
LOOK AH ME LOOK AH ME
>>
Rap music is notoriously awful live, and its the best kept secret about rap
>>
>>74580342
you haven't seen Big Rare live.
>>
>>74580340
why are manlets such overcompensating retards

this is why we need eugenics
>>
>>74580377
how is it a secret if its notorious
>>
>Genre of music by people with no musical talent for those with no musical taste
>Turns out it sucks live!

Wow, what a shocker.
>>
I saw Danny Brown live a couple years back. It was great. Very energetic.
>>
File: 1496643401001.png (185KB, 470x496px) Image search: [Google]
1496643401001.png
185KB, 470x496px
>>74580409
Because you touch yourself at night
>>
i think you have to be on drugs to enjoy rap concerts in any capacity.
>>
>>74580397
Tall people get more attention naturally so manlets have to compensate heavily to compete
>>
>>74580418
this but unironically
>>
>>74580340

Every white person I see in this video makes me angrier.
>>
>>74580560
can't tell if lefty who hates white people listening to black people music or if righty who hates white people listening to black people music...that's how you know horseshoe theory is rock solid you guys.
>>
>>74580580
Solid... SOLID AS A ROCK
>>
>>74580425
He seems like he would be good. Tyler was trying to sing when it was clear he objectively cannot sing and then he kept dancing and randomly saying HEY! really loudly as to distract you from the moments when sounded bad. he also let the audience sing/rap sporadically in like every song he performed, which I personally find annoying. but top it all off his rapping was weak. he couldn't really keep up with the instrumental and he sounded out of breath.
>>
>>74580425
Danny Brown live is great, he's pretty good at rapping live too.
>>
>>74580300

danny brown is imo even better live than on his albums

I saw kendrick live at Bonnarroo a few years ago and he was pretty bad; I was really disappointed :( I loved GKMC at the time
>>
TPAB tour for Kendrick looks like it was a blast. Small venues and Kendrick gives alot of energy. Damn. tour kinda looks way to formulaic being a arena tour and all
>>
>>74580630

yeah, I'm not sure if it was just the fact that it was a huge festival act that decreased the quality or if it was that he hadn't totally blown up yet and wasn't as practiced
>>
>>74580657
It was probably a little bit of both. Although I will say any show I have seen him do [and note I haven't seen him live, just seen multiple YT videos] with a large venue he comes off less energetic then his smaller sets. He has also said multiple times he prefers shows where he can actually see everyone in the audience. Some of his GKMC sets is where I argue he gave off the most energy, he looses it on Maad city
>>
>>74580342
Lil Ugly Mane is fantastic live.
>>
>>74580425
this, saw him just after old came out, live performance made me love break it (go)
>>
File: 1494745782300.jpg (40KB, 355x362px) Image search: [Google]
1494745782300.jpg
40KB, 355x362px
>>74580340
>*explosion*
>damn son where'd ya find this
>>
rap is crap
>>
>>74581817

I love those trapaholics drops in trap songs. like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG0Kz7E6LSc
>>
>>74580300
rap sucks live lol. its just yelling into the mic over bass.
>>
not even a huge fan of his music, but jonwayne puts on one of the better live rap performances I've seen. actually gets all his bars in, doesn't rely on the crowd or a hypeman, and doesn't rap over the fucking vocal track.
>>
why do rappers just yell without any tonal inflection live? do they not understand how much worse it makes it? Or are they simply incapable of recreating the studio sound live?
>>
>>74583246
most music sucks live desu. fuck concerts. its just a place where a bunch of retards are looking for a pretext to get absolutely pissed
>>
>>74583334
i heard eminem live was really good, u can hear every single word back in the day. but that was before every beat was just BBBRRRR BRRRR BRRRRRR RRRRRR trap bass the whole time
>>
Death Grips are fantastic live
As for more traditional hip hop i'd say Ice Cube was pretty cool when I saw him too
>>
I've been to RTJ in Brussels, it was so dope they decided to play at the venue again ASAP.
>>
>>74583334
Because they're trying to be heard over their own recorded voices, because they're too lazy to rap properly and the standards are really low right now
>>
Rae sremmurd are quality live.

You need British grime stars like Skepta, D Double E, Wiley etc. They play the instrumental of their songs and rap over it with intent of not missing a bar.

Most rappers play the actual song and shout along like retarded karaoke
>>
>>74580397
>>74580505
It's not overcompensating it's because no one hits them at school because that would be 'mean' so they end up feeling invincible.
>>
>>74580300

I've seen Death Grips and Clipping. live, but:

Death Grips sounded pretty alright when I saw them, though less full than their on-album production obviously. Clipping. actually sounded perfect, but I also attribute that to Daveed having to do Broadway for such a stretch.
>>
>>74583343
this is very, very incorrect
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.