[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a newb and a first time poster but can anyone tell me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 232x217px
I'm a newb and a first time poster but can anyone tell me what does Joy Division have to do with New Order? What's the story there? Thanks in advance
>>
>>74578059
joy division - ian cutis + Gillian Gilbert = new order
>>
Joy Division was a band in the late 70s and their vocalist Ian Curtis committed suicide in 1980, so the remaining 3 members of Joy Division formed New Order.
>>
>>74578106
Thank you. I was wondering, they sound completely different.
>>
joy division=interesting band with a really good album and a mediocre one.
new order= one good song, the rest of their music is boring.
>>
>>74578489
Is the one good song true faith?
>>
>>74578489
Is the one good song temptation?
>>
>>74578489
Which one do you think is the good album?
>>
>>74578687
mbdtf
>>
>>74578177
A little bit. Its really interesting seeing the progression between their initial sound as Warsaw, transitioning to Joy Division, and then finally to New Order. New Order's first record sound pretty Joy Division-y, but as the years went on (and the band hated playing + Peter Hook on LSD), they eventually set the stage for EDM through Blue Monday. It's kid of nuts.
>>
>>74578687
substance
>>
>>74578489
You have me REALLY interested. Give me answers.
>>
>>74579337
my beautiful dark twisted fanasty?
>>
>>74579634
Op here why not listen to both and make up your own mind

I just wanted to know where the suicide came into play
>>
The lead singer of joy division, daddy ian curtis killed himself then the remaining members made a new band with gillian gilbert
>>
the real question is, which one is better? and why?
>>
>>74579659
Joy division. Would rather have a band that barely even drops two albums and both are god tier than have a band that can consistently drop shit once every few years
>>
joy division died when the ship carrying them to their first US tour sank by german torpedos, new order was the replacement of android clones ( similar to later paul mccartney models) which their producer tony wilson used as a chance to improve the bands sound (thus the "new" in new order). one of the android's penis broke off in a rough gig upon arrival in new york so they improvised the fourth band member and the rest is history

source: i've done peter hooks laundry smelly wanker
>>
>>74578660
>>74578567
no its ceremony
>>
>>74578489
Fuck you in your ass. Stop stating your edgy contrarian opinion as fact. New Order is gold. Temptation, Blue Monday, Age of Consent are fantastic, in MY opinion.
>>
>>74579699
yeah i agree, even though power corruption and lies might be my favorite album out of those two, joy division is just alot more interesting and meaningful. Overall the music is a bit better too
>>
Im actually quiet impressed when a band dies, or breaks up and the rest of the members can pull off creating a new band that is just as famous if not more
>>
>>74578177
>completely different

do you have ears by chance?
>>
>>74579647
yeah
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.