[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently the band was unhappy with Hannett's mastering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0498.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0498.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
Apparently the band was unhappy with Hannett's mastering on their albums. Are there any good live recordings or demos that show the band's idea of the songs?
>>
Les Bains Douches recordings from Paris are so good i sold my studio albums
>>
yeah good luck with that
>>
>>74570194
Love the guitars but Ian sounds like a fucking turboautist on that tape.
>>
File: IanCurtis5.jpg (160KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IanCurtis5.jpg
160KB, 900x600px
Les Bains Douches like this guy >>74570194 said
Get a bootleg of the rest of the recordings from Les Bains Douches since that live albums is a mish mash of live recordings
Paradiso, Amsterdam 1980
Complete BBC recordings
Still
Preston 28 February 1980
The bonus discs for the reissues of UP and Closer have live shows that are pretty good. Although the guy who did the mastering for University Of London Union 1980 (the Closer bonus disc) wasn't happy with the final project and did further work on it and released it online. His original link was taken down but shouldn't be too hard to find.

Probably a ton more but sound quality is a real issue with some others I've heard
>>
japanese master tape box thing
>>
>>74570187
the paradiso one is what you should go for
>>
>>74570187
>>
>>74570391
What would I search for if I wanted to find that remastered thing?
>>
>>74570391
Of course there are! Check out their live record Les Bains Douches
>>
>>74570391
Reply was meant for OP lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.