[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What state of mind does one have to be in to enjoy this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: pulsarradiowaves.jpg (116KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pulsarradiowaves.jpg
116KB, 600x600px
What state of mind does one have to be in to enjoy this album? Is it possible to enjoy it if you're not sad and miserable?
Serious questions, guys. I'm having a hard time understanding the love this album, and Joy Division in general, gets.
>>
braindead
>>
>>74568566
How are you listening to it? Describe where you were
>>
Just listen to it more. It's a grower, trust me. No one on the planet likes joy division the first time they hear them.
>>
>>74568653
i did.
>>
touch yourself, it´s called Unknown Pleasures for a reason
>>
>>74568685
No, you actually didn't.
>>
>>74568653
i did. [2]
>>
I didn't like it on first listen, but after some time trying to understand it I grew fond of it, first one I liked was "she lost control", then disorder and it's all downhill from there
>>
>>74568748
In my opinion you didn't.
>>
File: 1466770752575.jpg (36KB, 450x429px) Image search: [Google]
1466770752575.jpg
36KB, 450x429px
>>74568566
This is why I can't listen to anything critically acclaimed.
If I'm not in the correct mood, which has a huge role in enjoyment, I will have wasted the album forever because I've just memorized the sound without enjoying it.
>>
They aren't as good as people say, tho.
Morrisey himself said that joy division only gets all this love is because ian died, he proceeded to say the same thing happend to The Doors which barely had hit singles
>>
>>74568878
That's a bit rich coming from him since people only like The Smiths because Morrissey died...
>>
>>74568913
damn...
>>
>>74568878
Morrissey says a lot of inflammatory shit to get attention and to be a general pain in the ass. There is some truth to it of course, but the music is still good regardless of how many people praise it solely because of how 'deep' it is since Ian died. I wonder if Morrissey ever met Ian or whatever. Weren't they both at that one legendary Sex Pistols show?
>>
>>74568653
This definitely.
>>
>>74568653
>No one on the planet likes joy division the first time they hear them.
What the fuck I'm an alien now?!
Most albums need to *click* for me. This wasn't one of them.
>>
>>74570278
I think it did have to click for you
>>
>>74568878
moz was too much of a pussy to off himself thats why hes saying such things
>>
>>74568566
listen to closer instead
>>
>>74570411
bread
>>
>>74568878
morrissey is a notorious bullshitter and attention whore
>>
>>74568566
I was in a very upbeat mood when I listened to it for the first time and I STILL love the album.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.