[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you make actual art music without being involved in the art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: hän mästytävää.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
hän mästytävää.png
29KB, 741x568px
Can you make actual art music without being involved in the art scene/going to college or are you doomed to make minor variations of the current pop scene/crass intimations of actual art?
>>
i don't understand what you mean.
art-pop and art-rock are kinda just terms used to categorize music that goes beyond the genre's conventional tropes. though with how conventional modern pop/rock have gotten, anyone that's a new artist with an experimental approach to them could be labeled art-pop/rock nowadays.
>>
only if you're in it 100% for yourself and for your work. i know a ton of boring faggots that blame the music industry but all they fucking do is pop rock and pop punk. make something that you want to make while simultaneously pushing the boundaries
>>
>>74560345
>Can you make actual art music without being involved in the art scene

i mean if you're into actual artistic expression you're going to get involved in an art scene of some kind. birds of a feather and all.
>>
nope sorry
>>
>>74560345
you don't have to be involved in a scene, per say, but you do need lessons.
>>
>>74560345
>Can you make actual art music without being involved in the art scene/going to college
Yes, obviously.
But that has nothing to do with commercial music at all.
>>
>>74560547
This, basically.

Most people go to art school to get better at art and find other people interested in art. You don't necessarily have to have a classical education in art, but it certainly helps.
>>
File: IMG_3603.jpg (48KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3603.jpg
48KB, 384x384px
Yea, just make it wierd enough that art fags will give it praise, then when youve made your furtune from avante fucks start making decent music. Pic highly related.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsider_art
You have to be mentally ill, retarded and unwashed though.
>>
fucking duh? of course. are you really this brainwashed? just like the world, art is not some club with entry pinned to a fucking formula.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.