[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the first band that you really "got" into?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 27

File: 1478666776671.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478666776671.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
What was the first band that you really "got" into? (listened to their entire discography)
For me it was The Beatles, Radiohead and Nirvana. Don't know which one was first since I listened to them all at around the same time.
>>
Beatles were the gateway drug to great music for me. Went from listening to top 40 to Beatles to the good stuff
>>
Linkin Park
>>
>>74555238
yup
>>
>>74555191
Green Day and Eminem
>>
My Chemical Romance. Bring the hate.
>>
>>74555191

I want to say Pink Floyd around when I was 18-20.
I heard Dark Side when I was in highschool and thought
It was a beautiful album but I didn't start really getting
Into other artists and listening to them intently until I was
a bit older. I sat down and listened to Floyd's discography
learned they were a very versatile band with different sounds
and have been in love with them every since

#judgemebecauseilovedadrock
>>
File: fuckthonyshittano.gif (1MB, 332x311px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthonyshittano.gif
1MB, 332x311px
>>74555191
Radiohead was mine. Chronologically.

Needless to say, after Pablo Honey and The Bends, OKC blew my goddamn mind...

...but that was years ago.
>>
medalliga :-DDD
>>
>>74555191
I honestly don't know nor remember. I never get into bands, I always like few songs of the same band and I span out a lot from genre to genre.
>>
The Clash
Buddy Holly
>>
>>74555299
why do you write like this
>>
Lana del rey. Fuck.
>>
The Beatles, around... 11. I had started playing classical piano at around 6, but while I had listened to most of it by then, music had never really gotten to me, though I did enjoy Earth Wind and Fire as well as Marvin Gaye for some really odd reason. I guess it's kinda poetic that the first one that broke through with me was I Saw Her Standing There and then on music was something I fell in love with and it was more than just what I listened to because I played piano. Afterwards, it was probably The Who. Nowadays my taste has gotten all over the place, but those three still influence my taste in one way or another; despite the fact I've been gigging as a jazz pianist/bassist for a while now (turns out, the money is actually quite decent for someone in college, and I can have some fun doing that). That said, I still want to start a band with all sorts of influences - from prog to breakbeat.
>>
Nine Inch Nails

Trent got me through my hard times when I was a teenager.
>>
>>74555191
blink 182, sum 41, modest mouse
>>
>>74555191
daft punk. not that it was hard or something
>>
File: 61GyqBK4e-L.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61GyqBK4e-L.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
my sister got a best of Led Zeppelin CD when i was like 13 (pic related) and i got into it

a few months later i got their whole discography off limewire

desu i probably still listen from those same files lmao, varying bitrates and all
>>
Nirvana, still like them
>>
Beatles -> Billy Joel -> Nirvana -> Beach Boys -> Pink Floyd -> /mu/ core -> exploring for myself
>>
File: 01.jpg (132KB, 427x533px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
132KB, 427x533px
First album I paid for, first band I went die-hard obsessive over.
>>
>>74555191
radiohead & the smiths

radiohead get memed on for being pleb experimental music but i will always be grateful to them for getting me further in to music
>>
>>74555191
first band that I listened to the whole discography of was Arcade Fire but around the time I was more into Radiohead (I basically just listened to The Bends, OKC, Kid A, and In Rainbows on repeat)
>>
I listened to all of The Clash's discography after I heard Death and Glory in one of the EA Skate games
>>
File: IMG_0321.jpg (31KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0321.jpg
31KB, 300x294px
>>74555191
This supergroup
>>
Radiohead, but wasn't many years ago. A lot of times I wish I hadn't got into music at 16
>>
Pink Floyd when I was 14.
>>
Probably Peter Gabriel and Sigur Rós. And I guess the Beatles too at like 11
>>
green day and blink 182
>>
Joanna newsom, still love her work with all great albums
>>
>>74555191
The Prodigy when I was 13, then Pendulum a little later on, those are pretty much the first two bands I majorly got into
>>
They Might Be Giants. I was hanging in my cousin's room just hanging out with him and reading the Animaniacs and Ren & Stimpy comics he had.. good times. Anyway ,he put on their album "Lincoln" and within the first five songs I knew that if they had any other albums I absolutely had to hear them.
>>
>>74555191
Ween, and then King Crimson.
Technically the Beatles as well
>>
>>74555191
YMO, New Musik, Stereolab
>>
>>74555191
Honestly? Probably the Barenaked Ladies.
>>
>>74555191
Cake.
I've only found one song I legitimately dislike, thrills I think
>>
Modest Mouse

>>74555514
>>74555544
>>74556139
>>74556993
good starts
>>
>>74555191
We talking actually good music or does high school count?

Because back in high school i was all about Brand New/Thrice/Circa Survive. I don't listen to any of them anymore, and in 2010 i "discovered" Radiohead (of course i had heard of them before) and played In Rainbows every single day. Love pretty much all their records, but In Rainbows comes out on top for me, even before Kid A and OK Computer.
>>
Radiohead and Pink Floyd when i was 15. Nirvana and Death grips when i was 16.
>>
>>74557048
Same

I got Good News, and it was good, I got Moon & Antarctica which was mindblowing and then I torrented their entire discog and that was the first torrent I ever downloaded and the last time I ever downloaded an entire discog at once
>>
>>74557048
>>74557128
What are Modest Mouse's good albums?
I listened to We Were Dead Before... many years ago and it was very, very boring.
>>
Guns N Roses or Metallica, don't really remember
>>
>>74555191
kanye west

srs

i fell in love with him during graduation era when i was young
>>
>>74557195
Moon & Antarctica and Building Nothing Out of Something are my favourites.

Lots of people like Lonesome Crowded West the best but it's super eclectic and there are a handful of tracks on it I don't like even when I considered myself a Modest Mouse superfan, stuff that should have been b-sides or outtakes, the best tracks are outstanding though
>>
>>74555191
The beatles. That was the first music I ever really listened to. That was literally all I listened to from when I was 8 or 9 to when I was 12 or 13, every day
>>
>>74555191
It wasn't a band, it was Tim Hecker. I started with Mirages, which has become my favorite album.
>>
Smashing Pumpkins

Had all albums, sought out all B-Sides, live recordings, etc, etc.
>>
white stripes
>>
>>74555191
Ween somewhat, friend recommended me the mollusk and i checked out a few of their other albums at first. Thats when I started listening to full albums at least.

King Crimson was the first artist I really thoroughly explored, and theyre what got me acitvley looking for new music
>>
>>74557363
Modest Mouse for me too.
I listened to Lonesome Crowded West and Moon & Antarctica recently and I always thought I preferred M&A too but LCW for me just had a lot more unique tracks and variety. Still love both though.
>>
>>74555191
gorillaz, duh
>>
>>74557547
>using the word duh
>>
>>74557516
Ugly Casanova's Sharpen Your Teeth is pretty far up there too, if you haven't heard that yet check it out. It's very oddball, everything on it feels "risky" and different, it reminds me of Omar Rodríguez-López's solo albums in a way and hardly qualifies as indie rock at all, i'm not sure what you would call it
>>
>>74557195
Moon and Anarctica is a good starting point. Then Lonesome Crowded West. Then This is a Long Drive (fun fact: if I ever kill myself it'lol be to this album)
>>
>>74557698
*it'll This is what I get for phoneposting
>>
For me it was Frank Zappa, Beefheart, Ween. Good times.
>>
I don't remember the exact band but I remember being really into Depeche Mode, Green Day and R.E.M early into high school, they were the first bands I really looked into, my gateway into the stuff that came later and probably the reason why I still like 80s and 90s music a lot more than music from other decades. I remember listening to some of The Beatles before that thanks to my dad and sister but never really got into them until later.
>>
File: 1501890724869.png (281KB, 371x532px) Image search: [Google]
1501890724869.png
281KB, 371x532px
>>74555299
Are you me anon?
>>
>>74556993
Thrills is literally the only Cake song I do like
>>
File: RubberSoul.jpg (193KB, 1220x1220px) Image search: [Google]
RubberSoul.jpg
193KB, 1220x1220px
When I was a teenager, I used to listen to top 50 hits, then I listened to a full album for the first time (Meteora - Linkin Park) , then I listened to their whole discography, but I was still a pleb. After some months I was listening to Nirvana and lots of shitty and generic bands from the 90s.

Everything changed when I listened to Rubber Soul by The Beatles for the first time when I was 19. That was music, pure music, I just couldn't believe I was actually enjoying something so old. I stopped watching music videos, I deleted all the songs I used to like. I just couldn't listen to anything but The Beatles. Everything I've heard before started to sound like garbage. So my only choice was to listen to similar bands from the same period (The Mamas & The Papas, The Velvet Underground and etc). I was fascinated by the 60s. I listened to In The Court of The Crimson King before it was /mu/core. I did LSD, Shrooms, I was slowly becoming a modern hippie but then I got a job and became a normal man, but I still love The Beatles and the 60s.
>>
>>74555191
blink 182, i know i know...
>>
Rise Against probably. Still like their first two albums and SATW.
>>
>>74557128
my older bro started me with LCW and I thoroughly enjoyed it. looked into them some more and yeah
>>74557195
start with lonesome crowded west, if you want more raw sounds, go with This is a Long Drive for Somebody With Nothing to Think About, if you want poppier go to Good News for People Who Love Bad News, if its perfect, go to the Moon and Antarctica. theres a lot of good MM records, the earlier the rawer. I should make a chart for this shit
>>
File: paul cigarette 2.jpg (49KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
paul cigarette 2.jpg
49KB, 380x285px
>>74558382
Nice story. Good music never gets old, anon. The Beatles were impressive back then and they still are today. Rubber Soul is a masterpiece.
>>
Led Zeppelin, at 13 years old. Kinda like >>74555518 except my dad had every studio album of theirs on CD in the house. He had stopped listening to them by that point, though
>>
>>74556135
yeah arcade got me into music too, I just hope they stop making shitty disco music and get back to their roots
>>
SOAD
>>
Either Beethoven or >>74559006
>>
>>74555191
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
>>
Cant believe no one has said rhcp
>>
>>74555191
A combination of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Rush.
>>
>>74555345
me doo :DDD
>>
>>74555191
pink floyd or electric light orchestra then the pixies and then sonic youth
>>
rammstein
>>
Modest mouse when I was like 12 and I bought the lonesome crowded west. Still one of my favorite albums ever
>>
Avenged sevenfold, I was edgy as fuck in grade 8
>>
File: 121009_ratmxx_cover.jpg (74KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
121009_ratmxx_cover.jpg
74KB, 500x503px
kind of Linkin Park, but I started listening to them in 2001 so it was just Hybrid Theory + Hybrid Theory EP (for the LP Underground cool kids).

Rage Against the Machine was the first time I really dove deep into an existing discography (even if its only 4 LPs)
>>
>>74556139
This exactly happened to me
>>
daryl hall and john oates when i was 10, and pretty much any funky 70's group
>>
>>74555191
"got into" would be Metallica when I was 10-13

Really got into would be The Beatles, Megadeth and Black Sabbath at around 15~

Became fucking obsessed, meaning not just discog but also basement tapes, B-sides, interviews, everything I could find, was Nirvana at around 16 or 17, still am a little obsessed but not as much at 20.
>>
>>74555191
Nirvana. I don't listen to them nearly as much as when i was 15 but still revisit from time to time for nostalgia
>>
Billy Joel was the first guy I got into then I saw a live show on tv of ELO and instantly fell in love with everything they did. Then Queen.
>>
Death grips because melon
>>
green day. i owned all their albums by the time i was 11.
>>
>>74560588
pretty much the exact same for me but in like 2010
>>
Pink Floyd And Buckethead/Praxis
>>
File: David_bowie_Long_Hair_Vogue1.jpg (45KB, 660x437px) Image search: [Google]
David_bowie_Long_Hair_Vogue1.jpg
45KB, 660x437px
infatuation with Bowie
>>
>>74555191
I know it's stereotypical but Linkin Paek was the first band I got into as a pre-teen.

I thougt radio pop and radio christian were the only genres that existed until I went on youtube for the first time and listened to "What I've Done". Blew my mind. I ravenously consumed their albums after that.

I was so happy that I'd finally found my niche in music. I thought I disliked music, but in reality i just disliked Christian and Pop music that played on the radio.

I can honestly say without Linkin Park I wouldn't love the bands I love today. Thanks, Chester.
>>
>>74560973
dave mustaine is that you?
>>
nas
>>
Weird Al Yankovich, thought not his full discography
Avenged Sevenfold was the first band where I downloaded live versions, demos, b-sides, etc.
>>
File: LogoClanGangrelDA.png (163KB, 339x332px) Image search: [Google]
LogoClanGangrelDA.png
163KB, 339x332px
The Killers.
They still hold a place in my heart.
>>
>74555191
Beatles - Kings of Leon - Jimi Hendrix - Pink Floyd - The Clash - SoCal Punk - /r/music core - /mu/ core
>>
>>74561936
Kings of Leon are fucking terrible
>>
>>74555191
Arctic Monkeys kek. They were one of my favorite bands in my teenage years before SIAS happend. But SIAS is nothing if you compare it to AM, I don't give a shit about them anymore because I know that are going to explore their AM bullshit style now on their next records but I still sometimes listen to their first records.
>>
>>74555299
How do you only start getting into music when you're 18? Also, you type weird. Something is definitely up with you
>>
This shitty punk band from toronto called Billy Talent
>>
>>74555299
>writing hashtags on /mu/
wew
>>
>>74555191
Beatles
>>
No Doubt
>>
It was Keane actually when I was like 9 or 10. After that I discovered The Doors when I was 11 and pretty much only listened to that, went through their entire discography and then started listening to other bands my parents recommended, like Roxy Music, David Bowie and Led Zeppelin. Then I started discovering my own music, the rest is pretty much history.
>>
kanye + tmbg 4 years ago
>>
At the Drive-In, The Dismemberment Plan, and Hot Cross
>>
>>74555191
The Stranglers lmao
(then The Clash)
>>
>>74555487
Same here, Sum 41 for me. Started out with Half Hour of Power and moved on from there
>>
File: 1499712784171.gif (321KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1499712784171.gif
321KB, 400x225px
>>74555191
>mfw the young me listened to Korn all the time for some reason
Fucking disgusting
>>
Arctic Monkeys
>>
The Clash. My dad is a practically religious Clash fan and raised me on their music/philosophy. For years I was completely elitist about their music, and considered every other band unworthy in comparison.

I still absolutely love them and I'm grateful my dad has good taste. Even though I listen to them leas frequently these days because I overdid it as a young teen, I still know every second of each album, even Sandinista, off by heart.

Bowie was my next obsession, and well in time for his death to absolutely destroy me. My dad never liked Bowie because he was convinced he was a Nazi due to the Thin White Duke stuff (although he admitted some of the albums were great) but he sympathised with me when he died because he had lost Joe Strummer back in the day.

Funnily enough I was late to The Beatles party. I finally caved in and gave their albums a go at age 19 or 20. They are of course the greatest, music doesn't get any better than that. They opened many doors for me to love other things, though. I'm a lot more musically open minded than I was as a young, obsessive Clash fan.
>>
>Kaiser Chiefs, 10 - 14
>The Black Keys 12- 15
>Streetlight Manifesto 14-17
I got into More music and Mu around when I was 17
>>
Green Day and Linkin Park,I was 11
>>
Absolutely obsessed with Nirvana first, then Radiohead and Pixies
>>
when i was 12 my uncle gave me a bunch of beatles albums and that's how it all started

I still occasionally go back and listen to Rubber Soul and Revolver, the 2 albums of choice for the most refined Beatles palette
>>
>>74555191
Kasabian, Green Day and Nirvana
>>
File: MollyIncompetence.jpeg.jpg (82KB, 1587x727px) Image search: [Google]
MollyIncompetence.jpeg.jpg
82KB, 1587x727px
The legendary and infamous Post-Grunge-Hardcore Punk Band called Billy Talent.
>>
Electric Light Orchestra
>>
Nirvana. Kurts top 50 list was the thing that made me listen to music and i will be forever thankful for that
>>
>>74566376
This.
I still listen to 1 and 2 occasionally. Bought Afraid of heights a while ago when it came out. It was bad.
>>
>>74566495
i rarely listen to their music anymore but i still think 1 and 2 and Dead silence are good Albums.

But when i was 15 i really was convinced that they were the best Band to ever walk this Planet.
Plus my father listened to a lot of Prog and Krautrock and i thought it was shit.
>>
Weezer and Linkin park
>>
>>74555191
Coldplay
Later Muse
>>
>>74555191
paramore
>>
>>74555371
because this is the way
you write lyrics and things like that
it's like reading a song
you know?
>>
The Crash Test Dummies
>>
>>74556497
Same, I got into green day when american idiot came out
>>
>>74555299
exactly this
>>
definitely the strokes
>>
File: 1468831335309.gif (124KB, 448x256px) Image search: [Google]
1468831335309.gif
124KB, 448x256px
>>74555191
I had a Gorillaz phase in middle school that transitioned into a Nirvana phase in high school, which led me into other alt rock bands like the Smashing Pumpkins and Sonic Youth.

I still listen to Siamese Dream almost every day.
>>
File: original_resize_720_360.jpg (108KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
original_resize_720_360.jpg
108KB, 720x360px
>>74555191
Queen
theres just no other band that hit me so hard
absolute legendary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVpk0qxmfA
>>
File: FEBX4632.jpg (47KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
FEBX4632.jpg
47KB, 620x620px
>>74567574
Freddie in Japan 1975
>>
I went from gorillaz -> rhcp and radio rock-> smashing pumpkins
Im not sure why smashing pumpkins isnt very much liked on here theyre definite standouts from the 90s alt scene and they have 3 very good albums
>>
>>74567604
Dude, are you me? Look two posts above you.
>>
>>74567574
>>74567596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p-5CgWP7Iw
Queen is a Band you absolutely shouldnt miss out
>>
Started seriously listening to music when i discovered Gorillaz.
I branched out from there and fell in love with alternative rock (mainly Nirvana and rhcp back in the day) and now im really into smashing pumpkins.
>>
I didn't care about music until I found Modest Mouse. Pre-2004 Modest Mouse had a huge influence on me and I remember binging their entire discography and thinking "this is the best thing I've ever heard." The rolling rhythms and screech, twangy start stop guitar playing paired with the stream of consciousness monologues really gripped me for some reason and I don't think any band has ever been quite as potent as that first hit again, although I wouldn't say MM is my favorite band today by any stretch. Shame they're shit now...
>>
not a band but nothing,nowhere first music I truly connected to
>>
>>74555191
Modest Mouse. They're still my all time favorite to this day.
>>
File: a1770215027_16.jpg (93KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a1770215027_16.jpg
93KB, 700x700px
I even listened to pic related, the Christmas album, the one offs for label comps, the Starflyer 59 cover, that one children's song Ryan Hover made before CC formed, and their entry for http://stadiumsandshrines.com/dreams/

Gotta admit though, not much outside their 3 albums is worth keeping.
>>
Tool & TMV
>>
The Wombats
I know I'm a piece of shit, ty
>>
Rammstein and Nine Inch Nails
fuck was I a cool 11 year old
>>
>>74555191
Aerosmith and then Pearl Jam. Today I'm more into Led Zeppelin, QotSA, Fiona Apple and Kate Bush
>>
>>74569492
lmao no
>>
>>74555518
My intro to Led Zeppelin was through this album too in 2001
>>
>>74555191
fall out boy!
>>
HIM
think i was 10
>>
File: Luke_Vibert_Rhythm_Front.jpg (47KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Luke_Vibert_Rhythm_Front.jpg
47KB, 800x800px
>>74555191
wasn't a band, but I guess Luke Vibert was the one...
and that led me onto Aphex Twin, Plaid, Clark, Boards Of Canada and people of the same caliber... twas a glorious time to be alive boys... I used to be HEAVY into that stuff

I even remember the track that got me into Luke Vibert; 'Eleventy One'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ypMxF6dig
>>
I first stumbled upon Dire Straits, Steely Dan and Sparks when I got good headphones, before that I listened to game soundtracks (anyone here remember total annihilation?)

I've been a lucky guy
>>
>>74569754
>Dire Straits, Steely Dan and Sparks
just out of curiosity, what are you into now?
>>
>>74570123
i've branched out to other genres, but I'm more interested with finding the proper artist rather than sticking to a certain type of music. favorites:

prog: gentle giant, jethro tull, pfm
pop: jellyfish, xtc, talk talk, japan
classical: holst, scharwenka, moszkowski
gene clark, kino, falco

but no matter how hard i try, i can't get into more recent bands
>>
hollywood undead
>>
I was fucking obsessed with RHCP in middle school and early high school. Also death cab
>>
>>74555191
Talking Heads in 9th grade, Pink Floyd like a month after
I still am recovering from listening to them so much
>>
>>74555191
slipknot or tool or linkin park dont remember which
>>
Sigur Ros when I was like 15-16
>>
>>74555191
I listened to pretty much the entirety of AC/DC's discography when I was really young. My dad had all the records.
Must have gotten pretty close with Black Sabbath as well.

The first thing I really got into on my own was Bjork, I guess.
>>
>>74558382
My dude. 60s are without question the best decade for pop music. You said it yourself, it's pure music. No frills, just talent and brilliant songwriting. That stuff will never get old.
>>
>>74562239
Billy Talent wasn't shitty show some fucking respect
>>
>>74555191
QOTSA.
>>
>>74555191
Pink Floyd was the first for me. Kinda cliche but I think a lot of people's first favorite band is cliche. I could have done a lot worse. Plus getting into some of their weirder stuff helped me to appreciate more avant-garde music later on and a lot of their 70s material helped me to appreciate Progressive Rock and longer songs.
>>
>>74572463
>I could have done a lot worse.

Yeah, at least you weren't listening to Billy Talent
>>
ACDC -> Pink Floyd -> The Beatles -> discovered /mu/
>>
File: creem.jpg (68KB, 600x820px) Image search: [Google]
creem.jpg
68KB, 600x820px
Jefferson Airplane. Which was really weird since it was the early 00s and I was a teenager. I got REALLY into it, like trading '60s bootleg concert tapes on CD (pre-torrent,) tracking down obscure albums by band members, and I've seen Hot Tuna four times in concert and Starship once. I wanted to see Jefferson Starrship but I kept putting it off for so long Paul died.
>>
Nirvana and RATM firstly

Aesop rock got me into more "experimental" music even if it was entry level af

I'd say aesop is what got me to listen to music seriously
>>
File: 51gHvIdsgxL.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51gHvIdsgxL.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
the shins, followed by the smiths and love.
>>
Nirvana
>>
File: 222vj1x12dty.jpg (24KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
222vj1x12dty.jpg
24KB, 500x464px
Death Grips
>Always was afraid of a screaming men over these raw sounds
>Gave it a couple listens
>Fell in love
>>
>>74572344
They're just another edgy pop-punk band calm down bud
>>
>>74560498
Same.
>>
>>74562187

Arctic Monkeys too.

All I listen to now is their first 4 albums
>>
U2
>>
Red house painters
>>
>>74555191
Korn and Slipknot is my childhood. Had all their albums at the time.
Teenage years was Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein and Dir en Grey. Still love the latter bands.
>>
The Strokes

No shame.
>>
system of a down
then avenged sevenfold
then between the buried and me
>>
>>74555191

oasis
my friend showed me wonderwall and don't go away. we spent hours listening together and sharing songs through bluetooth and had a massive day when their last album came out in 2008
unfortunately I never fucked the cunt sorry lads as you were LGx i'll fred you through the needle of life
>>
>>74555191
The Killers
Muse
Arctic Monkeys
The Strokes
I remember back in 9th grade if I liked a band I would just download their discography and listen thru that
>>
>>74576587
I got into Oasis when I found them in my older brother's limewire folder as a 14 year old. Didn't know shit about music at the time and WTSMG blew my mind. Unfortunately, I thought they were the coolest thing ever and that made me the most insufferable person imaginable. As an adult, my tastes have broadened a lot but I still have a special place for the first two albums and I still follow Noel's stuff.
>>
>>74576800
yeah mate I feel you their whole "best band in the world" shit gets to you when you're a kid. I listened to Oasis and only Oasis for a year thought I was gonna be a guitarist for life until I listened to the Stone Roses and opened up to other shit too
>>
At first it was The Beatles. Then, Limp Bizkit... I know I know, but they were everywhere at the time of their prime. When I'm listening to LB now, I can't even catch any nostalgic feelings, garbage.
>>
File: 1383035754423.jpg (31KB, 500x634px) Image search: [Google]
1383035754423.jpg
31KB, 500x634px
Muse.
never got into a band as much since and don't think I ever will
>>
File: MI0002388342[1].jpg (99KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
MI0002388342[1].jpg
99KB, 500x497px
Murder By Death. Still my favorite band tbqh.
>>
>>74555191
The smiths and nirvana
>>
>>74555191
pink floyd. i was a huge prog head in high school. then went on to indie, then electronic. now all i listen to is ambient and Exotica.
thanks college radio, you ruined me
>>
>>74555238
linkin park helped me through dark times

sure its not the pinnacle of art, but it really helped me so im grateful
>>
>>74560279
RHCP definitely was the gateway to good music for me besides the Beatles.
Their old albums from the 80s were bizzare and got me listening to their influences like Captain Beefheart, Funkadelic, Butthole Surfers, Zappa, Sly and the Family Stone and more. Also JF's solo albums.
>>
>>74555311
and then came the even more mind blowing Kid A...
>>
>>74559844
I know right? they suck at the new wave shit they're attempting at
>>
>>74555191
Kanye West
>>
Alice in Chains
>>
File: (2000) Kid A.jpg (172KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
(2000) Kid A.jpg
172KB, 350x350px
>>74579792
I'm gonna sound like a huge pleb for saying this, but I had a hard time getting into Kid A at first.
It was too weird for me at the time. Thankfully, "too weird" is no longer a problem for me, [cough cough beefheart cough], but when I was 14 I just couldn't handle the "off-ness" of the sound on Kid A. I think the first time I tried to listen to it I got as far as halfway through the title track and stopped listening.
Eventually I did go back and finish it and it grew on me. I Liked the latter half a lot more at the time, especially Motion Picture Soundtrack.
>>
OK GO

I'm sorry
>>
>>74579998
I've been there. I think I still have Of the Blue Colour of the Sky on my hard drive.
>>
system of a down
>>
Pink Floyd and King Crimson, my dad really liked prog and metal but I could never stand the metal.
>>
Slint
i never starting listening seriously to music until I found out about mu. before that I would only ever really listen to whatever i heard around me and liked. Spiderland blew my mind once I heard it
>>
>>74555191
>Linkin Park
My brother introduced me to them when I was around 8, and even though I was too young to understand what they were singing about, I really liked the sound.
>Daft Punk
The first group that I actually discovered and got into myself, around age 10 or something.
>Headhunterz
When I was 12, Headhunterz (and a lot of other Hardstyle producers) were the shit imo.
>>
>>74580107
I have all the albums
>>
>>74555191
Blink 182, then RHCP
Then I found /mu/ and moved on
>>
>>74562215
Same story with me. I had never heard a full album until I was 18 and heard Dark Side. Some people grow up with parents who hate music and no friends so they never even know about it.
>>
The strokes when I was kinda young, I only liked their first two albums though. I don't really remember anything about their other albums.
Before then I just listened to single songs.
>>
>>74580706
RHCP is still good tho
>>
File: IMG_0597.jpg (138KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0597.jpg
138KB, 1000x1000px
>>74555191
This is the album that got me into serious music listening. It was the first full album I bought. (This was about 5 years ago, back then I just listened to individual tracks from video games)
>>
>>74561947
People only know them for Only By The Night which I agree is horseshit, or the 2010s albums. They're also fucking terrible. The first three albums are pretty damn solid tho
>>
Tool and Metallica

Those were the days
>>
>>74555191
a tribe called quest
>>
pink floyd during teens like most ordinary white suburban males
>>
>>74557698
oh noose
>>
Red Hot Chili Peppers or ACDC when I was about 8 years old
>>
File: 61LjEnkqK2L._SX355_.jpg (53KB, 355x352px) Image search: [Google]
61LjEnkqK2L._SX355_.jpg
53KB, 355x352px
Judas Priest when I was 14, Supertramp was I turned 18. 'Tramp songs are either so easy a chimp could play them or so technically masterful that you have to listen to them five times in a row.
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.