[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently listening to this and digging it. Where should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: ascension.jpg (128KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ascension.jpg
128KB, 600x600px
Currently listening to this and digging it. Where should I go from here?
>>
If you want something exactly like this, Lesson No. 1.

If you want just a focus on large builds like some kinda proto-post-rock, check out Symphony No. 1. Each piece builds up from almost nothing into something huge while using often the same exact notes.

If you want something that shows his whole "I made new weird ass 'guitar' instruments, check out Symphony No. 2. It's mostly made up of these things called "mallet guitars" which is like mallets hitting amplified strings, and the end result is much more percussive than his other stuff.

If you want a more no wave inspired groove with even more guitars going than The Ascension, check out Symphony No. 6. It's got eight guitars I think.

If you want him working with a traditional orchestra and chorus, check out Symphony No. 9. One of the rare works that manages to get overtones out of just the usual string/wind instruments and vocals.

For something he has done relatively recently, it's gotta be Symphony No. 13. With a 100 guitars, what he ends up achieving is genuinely some of the most organic feeling drones I have heard in music.

Lastly, if you just want more rock sounding music, check out his previous work with Theoretical Girls. It's just good old no wave.

He's also inspired by Rhys Chatham and played with Chatham on what is one of the first works like this (Guitar Trio, composed obviously by Chatham.)

Keep in mind that once you get to the symphony stuff, play that stuff as loud as you possibly can because during the "build" phases of a lot of this stuff, the changes are more subtle, based in harmonic overtones and can be highly microtonal in nature.
>>
>>74555395
Thanks brah I'll just get the whole discog
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.