[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please explain how 21st Century Schizoid Man isn't the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (283KB, 1468x1468px)
maxresdefault.jpg
283KB, 1468x1468px
please explain how 21st Century Schizoid Man isn't the greatest song ever recorded
>>
The text is close to the edge
>>
>>74548681
Because Moonchild exists.
>>
>>74548704
Crimson King = satan
>>
>>74548681
you know its good cause kanye sampled it
>>
>>74548681
the middle section is just a retard jazz cover of the mission impossible theme
it's tacky music for tacky people who deep down like mancini and space-age pop but don't wanna cop to it
>>
>>74548766
nice buzz words
>>
>>74548775
kill yourself
>>
>>74548681
His vocals sound distorted you should be able to fix that audio production 101 where was the sound engineer?
>>
It's too repetitive and kinda boring to be a good track. Minus the instrumental part it's just three different sections that get repeated way too much. The verse specially is lacking in creativity with its two chord phrase. Not only that but the instrumental part itself is very lame since it takes up too much time and offers so few new ideas with the only standout being the one part where they do change it up a tiny bit in the middle of it. It's structural, melodic, and harmonic simplicity doesn't justify a track this long. Especially compared to tracks like Red which happens to be heavier with more structural variation and rhythmic/harmonic/melodic creativity in terms of its odd note choices played in a variety of very odd time signatures. Or Starless which is based in actual very jazzy improvisation, allowing for a far more progressive and eganging instrumental.
>>
Because "Larks' Tongues in Aspic" (part 1 and 2), "Fracture" and "Starless" are even better
>>
anon it's not even the best song on the album
>>
>>74548710
my negro
>>
>>74548681
The bridge.

Way too long and sorta lets down the menacing feel of the verses.

They should of tried to do something more straightforward on the bridge instead of a 6 minute jazz improv
>>
>>74548681
because I Talk to the Wind and title track are way better
>>
>>74548681

It might be one of my least favorite King Crimson songs.

It's their "Enter Sandman", which is to say that it's kind of generic and boring but it's probably their most played song by plebs.
>>
>>74548830
That honestly makes it better. A lot of metal actually tries to mimic that sound with their singing. Listen to this song. Singing sounds very similar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9gOAFa7bnk
>>
>>74548830
bait
>>
>>74548978
>jazz improv
What the fuck are you on about m8?
>>
Literally god tier drumming
>>
the whole album is great. I Talk to the Wind got a very nice flute solo
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.