[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bit of a /mu/ newfag. What is the consensus regarding Joji? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Bit of a /mu/ newfag. What is the consensus regarding Joji? I actually think George can produce some pretty good, serious music.
>>
>>74536570
its boring shit thats only notable because of his fucking retarded youtube channel
>>
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>74536570
soundcloud rapper #4546435329
>>
I dont know what these other fags are on about, joji bops.
>>
>>74536601
Have you actually heard any of it?
>>
>>74536618

awful uninspired "lo fi hip hop" beats, soundcloud rap, just shit
>>
Its inoffensive, milquetoast SoundCloud stuff. It's not bad. Relatively well produced, but there's nothing unique or particularly interesting about it.

If it was made by someone who wasn't already famous no one would give it a second look.

Pink Season is a masterpiece though.
>>
>>74536601
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6iefP8lf3o

>
>>
>>74536615
This seems to be a pretty divisive board as far as tastes go. It is,however, to be expected when music itself is so diverse and taste is so subjective.
>>
>>74536645
>Pink Season is a masterpiece though
How old are you, 15?
>>
>>74536570
Joji can sometimes be a guilty pleasure.
He has some good music, and I do like his newest song "Rain on me".
But damn, it's just typical "lo-fi hip hop".
Like really? Fucking Rain in the background to fill up the space of the piano and drums?
Golly, i sure do love these s a d b o y v i b e s.
If it wasn't for his singing (which also isn't too outstanding if i'm being critical) and for his internet fame, Joji would just be another
soundcloud producer. He got some talent tho, and he's kinda cool.
>>
>>74536645
Perhaps. As an artist he is still defining himself outside of the Pink guy character. He has a good singing voice, and the composition is well done. If this is the first album he's released (I don't even believe it is finished) it is demonstrable promising. There are, of course, others who are better but that doesn't necessarily mean he's bad.
>>
>>74536570
It really isn't all that special. Some fun lines here and there, but the samples are fairly stale (though admittedly better than most "SoundCloud rappers"). Structurally the songs are formulaic, which makes the entire album kind of boring after 2 or 3 listens. I agree that it probably wouldnt have been notable if the album had come from a non-eceleb.
>>
>>74536675
I am 25, but I don't understand how that is relevant to music.
>>
>>74536645
>Pink Season is a masterpiece
No, it got stale. It was worse then his original Pink Guy album. Pink Guy had some good tracks and I can still go back to that album. Pink Season was a honeymoon.
>>
>>74536689
For me, it's pretty hit or miss. I really enjoyed rain on me, you suck charlie, and thom. Really disliked waste my time, and quite a few others because they ere rather sterile and didn't really do anything that the other songs he produced hadn't already done. He definitely lacks diversity when it comes to his "serious" selection. I know he does the Pink Guy stuff, but I keep Joji and Pink guy separate.
>>
>>74536788
Agreed. The original was still a "joke" album, but it had catchy good songs. Pink Season had a lot of terrible filler and forgettable jokes that didn't land.
>>
File: 1502563616962.png (702KB, 872x724px) Image search: [Google]
1502563616962.png
702KB, 872x724px
>>74536570
I'd say fuck off back to where you came for but you are the majority here now so nvm
>>
>>74536872
Hey, I only like two of those things.
>>
>>74536872
The bait meme is old as shit though
>>
>>74536872
Since when does calling something bait denote being a teenager?
>>
>>74536601
>>74536641
... but he doesn't rap most the time though
>>
>>74537010
>PLEASE END ME V1
>Hahahaa dood xdddd ironic memez xxd
>im gonna totally kill myself aha
>>
>>74536570
Joji stop making this goddamned thread already, just because you ask more than once doesn't mean things will change. Your shit's utterly forgettable soundcloudcore lo-fi. Your Pink Guy act's just shitty Youtube celebrity rapping with slightly above average beats for the genre. I don't even particularly hate your music, it's so fucking irrelevant and average in comparison to every other hipster faggot with a soundcloud
>>
>>74536872
Replace Demon Days with Pink Season
>>
File: 1479703893300.jpg (165KB, 1024x804px) Image search: [Google]
1479703893300.jpg
165KB, 1024x804px
>>74536570
Le Nujabes a e s t h e t i c
>>
>>74536584
fpbp
>>
>>74536570
its kinda disappointing cause from the little i know about him, he seems like a cool well mannered guy, but his music is sub average lofi bandcamp hiphop
>>
>>74536570
it's boring shit. he's literally put rain samples over more than one of his songs lol.
>>74536712
soundcloud producers=/=artists sry dude. he literally sings everything falsetto to hide his shit voice it's annoying as fuck.
>>
Pretty vapid, not a whole lot interesting about it. That being sad it sounds alright, I wouldn't say it's unpleasant to listen to.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.