[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in the middle of making album >everytime I listen to it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: wtf[1].gif (364KB, 369x259px) Image search: [Google]
wtf[1].gif
364KB, 369x259px
>in the middle of making album
>everytime I listen to it I end up rearangging the tracklist so I am interested in listening to it

How do I make an album that is good everytime with the same tracklist?
>>
you create songs that are connected, not just taking a bunch of songs that you made this year, throw them together and call it an album.

Actually have an idea behind your music and album.

you might as well name it "Shit I Made Last Year Vol 1"
>>
>>74534996
What if the tracks can be interchangable?
>>
>>74534947
motifs really.

done pretty well on close to the edge
>>
>>74535033
then you have a shit album.

what is the purpose of your album? Is it to take the listener on a journey, to create a certain mood? On song should build on the theme, moods or emotions of the previous one. Otherwise you can just throw the songs into it in an random order and call it the day.

You should at least space the songs out based on their mood. Not having all your energetic songs on on half and slow songs on the second makes for a much more dynamic listening experience. Peaks and valleys.
>>
Making a cohesive album is so fucking easy. You can trick people into thinking your album is a masterpiece when it really isn't by following a basic formula.
>some kind of short intro song (possibly instrumental)
>3 or 4 normal songs
>some kind of short middle song that acts as an interlude and calls back to the intro song (also possibly instrumental)
>3 or 4 normal songs
>some kind of short outro song that calls back to the intro, and interlude (again, probably instrumental)
Normies will lose their minds over this shit. OMG It's like a concept album!!1! Hey! I recognize that last part from the beginning if the album!! It's like, totally come full circle!! There's a motif that repeats throughout the album. So genius!!1!
>>
>>74534947
An album can be used as an art medium or just as a convenient way of consuming music. Usually it's the latter. Lots of rockist people (specifically on this board and the internet in general) believe that it must have an over running theme or connect in some way but some do and some don't.

You need to ask yourself why you are putting these songs into the album format in order to figure out how to place your track list. If you're putting them in album format purely because that is the accepted thing to do and these songs really don't have much to do with each other, the track list doesn't mean shit and you can put them in any order. If you had a clear vision beforehand of what this album was going to be and your songs reflect that then you need to pay attention to your original plans and maybe create some chronology by ordering the tempo/themes in a way that seems to flow organically
>>
>>74535436
>rockist
Stopped reading there. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1501228557417.jpg (44KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1501228557417.jpg
44KB, 681x496px
>>74535436
>using rockist unironically
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>74535481
>>74535507
>Oh yes I can really feel the progression in this album
>I love the way all the songs have no relation to one another, it really captures the confusion the artist was feeling about which type of bread to choose at subway that morning
>>
>>74535588
>needing lyrics or ideas to tie an album together
That's how I know you're a hip-hop fag and you should kill yourself. Music can tie an album together. Speaking as an artist, every artist listens to their songs in different orders before finding an order that works. Every tracklist is at least a little bit thought out. The dynamic ups and downs of the songs can tie an album together, even if the lyrical themes do not. Albums that do this well are good albums. Albums that do not do this well are not good albums. You don't need concrete themes found in lyrics to tie an album together unless you're a mouth-breathing imbecile who only focuses on vocals.
>>
>>74535682
I don't even listen mate. I mainly listen to rock music but I'm still calling you out on rockism. Rockism isn't just liking rock
>>
>>74535802
*I don't even listen to hip hop
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.