[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I read "An Irregular Head" recently and got to thinking...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: syd.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
syd.gif
2MB, 200x200px
So I read "An Irregular Head" recently and got to thinking... was Syd just fucking with us all at this point?

I mean, was he actually crazy or was did he just have autism or some form of severe anxiety?
>>
File: waters3.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
waters3.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
NOPE HE HAD SCHIZOPHRENIA I KNOW HE DID

SHIIIIINE ON~
*writes concept album*
>>
File: IMG_1773.jpg (18KB, 275x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1773.jpg
18KB, 275x270px
>>74530401
Yeah he was clearly having a whale of a time.
>>
>>74530401
idk, he's dead and i never met him
>>
>>74530540
Clearly tried to guilt the band into taking him back in, but they just saw him as far off the deep end and cut all ties with him.
Here he is 10 almost years looking like a normal middle-aged man.
>>
>>74530540
This hurts.
>>
>>74530604
>10 almost years
almost 10 years later*
>>
>>74530604
i wish there were some interviews or something he did in his later years so we had a better idea of his mental state at the time. all we have is the opinions of his family. they say he was a lot more stable than when he left floyd so i take some solace in that, but it'd be good to see it ourselves
>>
I like Richard Wright's theory that he had a really bad acid trip one weekend and developed PTSD from the experience. That's a genuine thousand-yard stare he has going on.
>>
>>74530604
As someone who has had severe psychosis from a photograph you wouldn't suspect a fucking thing, at most you would think I have a slightly eccentric hairstyle. Also, ten years is a very long time to recover.

Clearly things went horribly wrong for Syd and he wanted a normal, quiet life.
>>
Can I
>>
>>74530756
this is likely true. i'd wager he had a fragile sense of self and when he took some particularly strong acid he had an ego death experience which he either wasn't prepared or ready for. he no doubt resisted the trip and was assaulted for hours with imagery he couldn't control and this probably tore his mind apart and left him fragmented and broken
>>
>>74530756
At one point Syd lived with people that drugged him with high doses of acid daily, to the point of incoherence, so he would never be able to come down and get himself out of there. Theres also the thing about how he went away for a weekend perfectly normal and came back crazy, so its likely he got fed a lot of acid by some hippies at that point too. Id imagine after 10 years of recovery he'd at least be back to some kind of sanity tho.
>>
>there will never be a Brian Wilson syd barret collab
>>
I WANT TO TELL YOU A STORY
>>
>>74534580
Sounds amazing in my head
>>
>>74534689
But they'll never finish anything.
>>
didnt they lock him in a cabinet when he was on acid?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.