[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>CURSED, BLACK MAGIC NIGHT starts playing Is there anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: snm.jpg (61KB, 640x589px) Image search: [Google]
snm.jpg
61KB, 640x589px
>CURSED, BLACK MAGIC NIGHT starts playing

Is there anything that even comes close to Slayer's first 3 albums?
>>
>>74527326
Yes
>Hell awaits starts playing
>>
>>74527326
In terms to what?
>>
Show No Mercy is the perfect bridge between NWOBHM and the more extreme varieties of thrash that would come later. People meme the shit out of Slayer here but Hanneman and King had an incredible ear for melodic, catchy riffs back in those days, up there with Thin Lizzy and Mercyful Fate. I'm also a big fan of South of Heaven. Seasons in the Abyss and Divine Intervention have some standout moments but they could have quit by that point.
>>
>seasons in the abyss starts playing
>>
>>74527426
>shitty groove metal
The album itself has good songs but overall it is weighed down by downright bad tracks
>>
I assume by first three albums you mean the first two albums and the EP, and not Reign in Blood.
>>
Their first five LPs and the Haunting The Chapel EP are all solid records.
>>
>>74527471
I actually was including RIB. Haunting the Chapel is god tier too though, it's basically an extension of SNM. Aggressive Perfector might be their best song, also.
>>
File: R-377464-1362069158-3166.jpeg.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-377464-1362069158-3166.jpeg.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
>>
>>74527471
I think Reign in Blood is more nuanced than people give it credit for. The speed and brevity gives people the impression that it's just total chaos and composed of "filler" bookended by two classic tracks. Epidemic is the only track I'd go as far as to call filler. Everything else shreds and the mixing/mastering is incredible.

The opening to this track is like a progenitor to the kind of neanderthalic mosh riffs that modern hardcore bands play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFlctCuUV28
>>
>>74527635
Epidemic is a great track though. All of them are. The best, of course, is Altar of Sacrifice.
>>
>>74527326
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.