[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has mac demarco and the countless other youtube recommendation-core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: le quirky one kind of song man.jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
le quirky one kind of song man.jpg
5KB, 318x159px
has mac demarco and the countless other youtube recommendation-core killed the demand for guitar-driven music?

more so the latter.
everyone of these kinds of songs sound so fucking derivative, and lacking in any actual depth. i can't even enjoy them on a surface level because of just how much of them of are alike.
what will the next actually good band sound like?
cause i really doubt it'll be like this.
>>
I think metal will get big again.
I think that hipster black gaze post metal thing could do with a booster shot.
You know like deafheavn, liturgy, ghost bath type of shit. I would also think it would be cool if there were a thrash revival and the thrash revival and blackgaze slowly merged together.
And like metal would become like Metallica meets my bloody valentine
But thats all bullshit i day dream about.

I would bring rock back as sort of prog rock meets vaporwave, meets transhumanism, meets cyberpunk fashion type of deal. They would also exclusively use digital guitars
>>
I really don't get what the thought process behind most indie pop-rock is. Are they trying to be as boring and "chill" as possible? Surely as an artist you want to make something sort of interesting? Do they think learning guitar automatically makes them worth listening to
>>
>>74524416
"No."
>>
>>74525054
gen-z wants the world to be safe and chill. so this music and lo-fi hip hop is perfect for them.
if you want easy money and a decent following this is the formula for guitar atm.
>>
File: IMG_2577.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2577.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>74524416
Pic:you
>>
>>74524291
>derivative
opinion discarded

saw mac live two days ago, it was great
>>
this mixture of grunge and shoegaze will hopefully break out

btw if you're even considering talking about this you need to be making efforts to start a band yourself, no matter how shitty it'll be at first
>>
>>74526859
>btw if you're even considering talking about this you need to be making efforts to start a band yourself, no matter how shitty it'll be at first
idk how to play guitar.
>>
>>74526885

play bass then, or get a drum set if thats possible for you
>>
File: justchill.png (10KB, 373x85px) Image search: [Google]
justchill.png
10KB, 373x85px
>>74524416
i just want this fucking indie reverb-rock shit to chill the fuck out for a while.
i don't even like metal, but what you said would be preferable to what's going on now.
>>74525054
it's not even a meme anymore, pic related.
>>
>>74526859
the only people i talk to irl are family and my gf, so that's kinda hard.
i am working on making some music though.
>>
>>74526885
then learn? what are you dense
>>
Listen to Fat White Family and Idles
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.