[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

give me the worst concerts you've ever been to, /mu/. pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

give me the worst concerts you've ever been to, /mu/.

pic included because i don't have a fitting one in my drive
>>
Xcentrix. I'd rather drink petrol in future. Anything to do with punk or crust over forty may as well end thine life.
>>
1. Best Coast
2. Kid Cudi
3. OFWGKTA
4. Cat Power
5. Salem (It was funny though)
AMA
>>
File: mbv3-smaller.jpg (953KB, 4088x2708px) Image search: [Google]
mbv3-smaller.jpg
953KB, 4088x2708px
>Xentrixs yesterday

Apparently they are actually thrash. See also amebix.
>>
VNV Nation royally sucked.
>>
I saw Buckcherry all the way back in 2008 opening for Avenged Sevenfold (obvipusly my taste has changed a bit since then). They were absolutelydisgusting.jpg. Josh Todd sounded horrid and they can barely play their instruments.

I also saw Emmure at a Rockster Mayhem fest. I forget what year. That went about as expected. I sat up on a hill eating before the main stage bands started up. Ended up walking across the hill to the next stage to hear Cannibal Corpse instead.
>>
1. NMH
2. Asking Alexandria
3. Peter Gabriel
>>
Teen Suicide last fall was pretty bad. It was the same night they got dropped from whatever label they were signed to so they really phoned it in and only did covers. I saw Kitty Pryde by the merch table in a Dipset sweatshirt which was pretty funny too but then Elvis Depressedly came on and they were much better. I saw an old friend in the crowd but I didn't have the gall to say hi; I ended up indirectly cucking him a few months ago.
>>74521282
When did you see PG? Must have been recently
>>
>>74521311
I thought teen suicide was called fish kings or something now, aren't they?
>>
>>74521311
2012 in us
>>
>>74521342
King Salmon I think, Sam said something that night about them changing their name but a pack of kids in Leftover Crack shirts were trying to mosh next to me really autistically loud.
>>
>>74521202
was the Kid Cudi gig before, during, or after the whole Speedin Bullet fiasco
>>
>>74521311
>>74521373
Kitty & Sam should do a couples suicide pact unironically
>>
fucking bon iver. autotune was a mistake
>>
>>74521131
i had to endure 50 minutes of a tune-yards performance. i'd rather go to a holocaust museum than do that again.
>>
>>74521202
>Best Coast
I can perfectly picture how shitty they would be live
>>
>>74521131
Never been to a bad concert.
I've rarely seen any band live that's been shit.
When seeing Skindred the vocalist was a bit of a fucking prick because he got well pissed off with people speaking inbetween songs and turned into a fucking glorious faggot bitching "HEY I DON'T COME TO YOUR WORK AND SPEAK ALL BLAH BLAH BLAH WHEN YOU'RE WORKING"... kinda made EVERYONE in the room less excited to watch them for the remainder of the set.

Worst ever live thing was my own band.
The guitarist had 2 strings snap in the middle of a song and he threw a strop and kicked the fuck out of the drumkit and we ended after like 3 songs.
We were fucking shit anyway.
>>
>>74521377
he was always shit live from what i understand. the whole moaning sing rap he does only works in the studio
>>
>>74521377
Like 4 years before, he did karaoke THE entire time and his voice was so hoarse. Only time I ever booed an artist.
>>
>>74521131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jQ4VG82Gns
>>
>>74521202
What wen wrong with the Cat Power concert?
>>
Tyler the Creator
>>
>>74521202
Why did Odd Future suck? I've heard they're bad live but I don't know the full details.
>>
>>74521871
She was so fucking trashed and her mic kept fucking up, I understand that aspect was out of her control but she was barely even trying. She left after the boos became dominant.
>>
>>74521908
These motherfuckers rapped only the first verse of every song and the sound system at the venue was shit and they kept stagediving and the wave of crowd was ridiculous and people kept falling and it was just a mess.
>>
>>74521845
whoa is that their 70 minute noise song
>>
Only a handful of concerts I've been to were outright bad:

>1. Sleigh Bells
Sleigh Bells were fantastic, however, the opening band Elite Gymnastics were the single worst performance I've ever seen. The neckbeard lead singer came onstage, started bragging about how he was high on cough syrup, and sang to a karaoke machine playing 30-second clips from Final Fantasy X while his bandmate hit a drumstick on a trash can lid at random intervals. He got booed after the fourth song, complained about how nobody on the audience "got it", and left. The other dude just sat there for a couple of minutes and then left too.

>2. Purity Ring
Normally I don't use this word to describe music, but it was the single most "samey" music I've ever heard. Every single fucking song sounded exactly the same. Bland as hell, and the lead singer had zero stage presence.

>3. Beach House/Jessica Pratt
For similar reasons above. I don't like a lot of Beach House's music past Teen Dream because it bores me, and the concert did not sway my opinion. Also I was turned off of Jessica Pratt's music because her accident when she sings is completely put-on, she had no engagement with the audience whatsoever, and she kinda just glared at people when they bought stuff from her merch table.

>Clark
Also extremely monotonous, me and my gf left early because he played a bunch of video clips just zooming in on random black kids' faces and we both found it creepy and left.

>5. The Horrors
They put on a pretty great show at first, but the lead singer's response to a couple of drunken hecklers in front was to tell the entire audience to "fuck off" and walk out roughly four songs into their set. Waste of a $20 ticket.

>6. Every Time I Die
Went for a friend, all of their songs sounded the same. Not a total waste of time because the opening band The Chariot kicked ass.
>>
File: 1500617271065.png (21KB, 847x498px) Image search: [Google]
1500617271065.png
21KB, 847x498px
>>74521271
I had the "pleasure" of seeing Emmure too, at Mayhem 2013. I feel like they sounded like all the other shit metalcore there, not memorable.
Also saw Motionless in White, it was the loudest thing I've experienced so far. And I couldn't leave because everyone was packed in front of this stage.
Butcher Babies was there too, they take the cake as the worst band I've ever seen.
Wasn't a total loss though, found out about Battlecross and Amon Amarth from that fest, also saw Mastodon and Rob Zombie which was also cool
Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>74522009
>accident
accent*
>>
>>74522009
>The neckbeard lead singer came onstage, started bragging about how he was high on cough syrup, and sang to a karaoke machine playing 30-second clips from Final Fantasy X while his bandmate hit a drumstick on a trash can lid at random intervals.
holy fuck
Also would you by chance know if this bandcamp is them?
https://acephale.bandcamp.com/album/elite-gymnastics-ruin
Their music seems alright?
>>
>>74522073
It sure is. That's why they're at the top of my list, I actually think their studio stuff is some of the best shoegaze of the past decade, so they had no fucking excuse for the shitshow I saw.
>>
>>74522009
>The Elite Gymnastics story

My sides are at the far end of the galaxy and I fear they may never return.
>>
>Death grips
They didnt show up so i went home. Lost about 500 dollars that day.
>>
>>74522201
>lost about 500 dollars that day
Uh it would have to be unrelated to the concert, when I saw them live I'm pretty sure I didn't pay more than $22 for my ticket
>>
>>74521131
Ween.
Ween fans are the most obnoxious quirky haha xd look at me im so randumb ever. fuck ween fans
>DUDE BROWN LMAO
>>
>>74522201
It bothers me that they used to do this shit
>>
DFA 1979
>>
>>74522222
damn nice quints
>>
>>74522201
Was it for when they were supposed to open for Trent?
Because I paid 250 for that ticket.
>>
File: post_slider01-690x450.jpg (192KB, 690x450px) Image search: [Google]
post_slider01-690x450.jpg
192KB, 690x450px
Swans, but it's not at all the band's fault, it was because I lost my earplugs on the way there, and I had to stay in the back of the concert room in order to endure the experience, which meant I had to tolerate all the drunken asshats who didn't even come there for the concert, the venue was absolutely full and there was a human corridor with people pushing each other on the way to and from the bar
>>
>>74522376
Serious question: Do they really have to play so loud? Like I know Gira said something about certain harmonics only being heard after a certain level of volume but it just sounds dumb to me.

Or is it something like "Our music is eerie so we have to make our audience endure it rather than enjoy it"?

Also are the stories about Gira being nuts fake like electrical infetterence copypastas?
>>
>>74522453
I actually dug Swans' volume because it gave a physicality to their music that I don't know I would've gotten otherwise. They were so loud that the vibrations of the music were reverberating through my chest and my ribs, which made it that much more intense.

Mind you, I wore the most obnoxiously large earplugs I could find, because I'm not a total idiot (and contrary to popular belief, Michael Gira doesn't care if people wear earplugs or not).

>Also are the stories about Gira being nuts fake like electrical infetterance copypastas
Based on what I've read, the concert I saw, and being able to talk to him after the show for a few minutes, I think he's just a guy who's been through an absolute shitload of trauma (especially at a young age when it hurts the worst), and gets all of his personal demons out onstage. Offstage he's extremely down to earth, when I talked to him he just seemed like a guy who had enough of the shit life had thrown at him and just wanted to relax at the end of the day.
>>
>>74521131
The only concerts I've been to that sucked were In Flames, and Metallica. Going to another Metallica show in a few days, but I'm actually going to that for Avenged Sevenfold.
>>
>>74521131
Boston. They SUCK live. Guess that's some bands for ya though.
>>
There are three types of mucicians

1. The ones who are amazing live
2. The ones who are only good in the studio
3. The rare once in a blue moon ones who are both
>>
>>74522009
Every Time I Die is fucking awesome live, dude. I saw them last week and my head still hurts.
>>
>>74522714
My friend absolutely loved the show, so my understanding is that they're great live if you're familiar with their music. I hadn't heard them before that night, and I haven't gone back to listen to them since then.
>>
>>74521131
Fucking Jamie XX. Now one showe dup except like 2 dozen people so I left

and Godspeed was lame as hell in a standing space. Give me fucking chairs to watch people bang on things
>>
Went to a Saving Abel concert once. Didn't pay for the tickets and was invited, literally the worst time of my life.
>>
I hated deadmau5 live. I mean, obviously it's fun to be in a big room with a bunch of ravers and some good progressive house going, but you could feel his narcissistic presence through the cube setup, his mannerisms, and the songs he was playing. And no I am not projecting. It also didn't help that this was back in like 2012 when trololol-type humor was on its last breath, which he implemented heavy-handedly in his set. IIRC he BSOD'd and stopped the track. xD

I still do like him and his classic records, though.
>>
Worst concert I've been to was Municipal Waste headlining day 1 of a beer-fest at some moneygrab venue in Philly. About an hour into it I was getting bored with all of the death metal stuff and stepped outside for a food truck burrito, only they wouldn't let me back into the venue, and the people I saw leave for burritos were selling beer and shirts at the tables so they were allowed to go in and out. Every show I've been to up to that point, the door person sees their stamp on your hand and lets you back in, but they just tell me "Sorry, that's just to show us you're over 21, we still can't let you back in".

I was fucking pissed. So I drove 2 hours back to my house because I didn't feel like sleeping in my car and was too awake with anger. On the bright side, I still had ticket to the second day when Sleep was headlining and it was a great experience, I just had to show up later because it gets tiring listening to so many opening acts you don't give a shit about that are all loud pounding grunty metal and you can't even step outside for a breather without being kicked out.
>>
>>74522009
I saw Sleigh Bells too, and they were cringe as fuck live.

Same goes for Wu-Tang Clan. Like Method Man wasn't even there together with a few more members. Turned out to be boring. Like why the fuck even bother if Meth isn't there?
>>
>>74521131
Conan

All the openers were boringly slow mediocre stoner doom, not even good atmosphere-wise like Boris or Sunn O, then Conan sets up and it's more of the same, only slightly less boring, but the amps are turned too loud to level with the PA and too loud for how small the room is, the vocals were inaudible which sucked because it's one of the better parts of the band that distinguish them from the most generic stoner-doom. Not really a fan of Conan to begin with.
>>
File: 3.png (62KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
62KB, 300x433px
Never been to one, had the chance to see Arcade Fire a couple months back though the tickets sold out in less than a minute. Shame really since every major city is more than an a couple hours away.

>>74521658
That word "strop" has to be the worst thing ever invented, its so annoying when your frustration finally kicks to the surface and you have a casus belli to launch an invasion on your opponents thought processes with full rage only for someone to say "mate stop having a strop", just the sound of that word makes it impossible to be serious and I can't help but start giggling and fidgeting uncomfortably when I should be cutting them down with an argument so precise it makes the guitar riffs on Spiderland pale in comparison.

>>74522009
Hehe, that Elite Gymnastics sounds quite amusing anon.
>>
>>74521282
what was wrong wit mangum and the boys?
>>
>>74521905
Yeah same for me

Weezer was also pretty bad
>>
>>74521131
went to a nightwish concert once with arch enemy playing before them and I was really hyped for AE, but when I got there the first two wavebreakers were already filled with NW-fans, who then proceeded to give no reaction whatsoever to AE playing because they apparently had no idea of music harder than NW. Most disgusting crowd I have ever witnessed. I felt really sorry for Arch Enemy
>>
>>74521131
Death grips
>>
>>74522201
>500 dollars
That was your first mistake
>>
>>74522666
See also QOTSA. Can't wait to hear them live in a auditorium in November.
>>
Yung Lean was pretty terrible, though I don't know what I expected. The openers were trash and he didn't go on till close to 1am for a doors open at 8 show.
>>
>>74522453
I didn't feel the volume necessary either, if it wasn't that loud this whole bullshit wouldn't have happened.
I saw Sunn O))) too a month before, they were much louder but I felt it was necessary, the sound of the instruments were clear and didn't have tinnitus afterwards, despite being at the front row and only having foam earplugs. Not the case with Swans.

As for Gira being nuts, no. He just really feels and enjoys the music and he's rather a conductor for his band than just a frontman. Of course he hates people staring at their phones while he performs, but there was no incident, usually he just tells them to stop or taking their smartphones away like you're in kindergarten.
Also, he was uglier in person than what I ever imagined, like a living skeleton staring at you with 140 decibels
>>
>>74521131
KC and the sunshine band
>>
>>74523127
I saw him in 2012, as well. Surprisingly very fun. I saw him again last year on New Years. His set was so painfully boring that people were yelling at him to get off the stage towards the end. He did play a few good songs though.
>>
I've heard dream theater is pretty bad. Not because they play poorly, but because they simply perform, and don't really put on a "show".
>>
>>74526556
I would empty my fucking savings account to see Death Grips live
>>
>>74522009
>Clark
Really nigga? Jfc. Clark is great live and has cool visuals.
>>
>>74527483
Are they coming near you on this next tour with Ministry? Seeing them both for $30 is a fucking steal.
>>
>>74522009
>Clark was bad
That's a shame. I saw him at pitchfork after his self titled dropped and thought it was great.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.