[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern rock music has less variety than modern pop/hip hop or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: woman-putting-contact-in-eye_0.jpg (14KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
woman-putting-contact-in-eye_0.jpg
14KB, 360x360px
Modern rock music has less variety than modern pop/hip hop or rap, yes?
I don't understand how people say pop music all sounds the same when it has way more to be influenced by.
Rock music has the same volume, instruments and uninspired drum loop half the time with a singer that sounds the same as most others.
I don't know where to discuss it no bias, since everyone defends their favorite genre.
Am I 100% wrong?
>>
You're going to have to specify what you mean by "rock music", because arguing that punk rock, indie rock, shoegaze, post-punk and every other sub-genre of rock (guitar and bass-driven music by my definition) then you'd be categorically incorrect.

Much like the umbrella term pop, there's a massive amount of variety if you aren't content with just tuning in to your local radio stations.
>>
>>74509027
Yet ''jazz'', ''classical'' and ''electronic'' are fine labels on this board lls
>>
>>74509081

I'm not "this board", I have problems with those terms as well though I do see their uses as generalizations when discussing and comparing genres in a broad sense. I also see the value of discussing "rock" as a whole, but you run into major issues whenever you want to argue that these broad genres are homogenous in sound. Electronic music doesn't all sound the same, the label is just there to define a core sound profile. Classical music doesn't all sound the same, jazz doesn't all sound the same. You see where I'm going with this?

Pop is the weirdest of the bunch, as pop can mean either A) trending music or B) upbeat music. One couldn't make a sound argument that pop sounds the same, because pop today largely consists of house and hip gop, where as fifteen years ago it was pop-punk and RnB. You'd run into the same issues generalizing rock music.
Elvis Presley and Joy Division have almost nothing in common, save the instruments they use.
>>
This is very true. People rave on shit like Swans or Captain Beefheart yet they play in the same old keys. Meanwhile you got Ed Sheeran with Shape Of You that was in C# minor, one of the least common keys out there. Rock music needs to move away from C major, Eminor/Gmajor, and depending on how much they downtune , B and D keys as well.
>>
>>74509371
>C# minor, one of the least common keys out there.
r u high
>>
>>74509466
https://insights.spotify.com/us/2015/05/06/most-popular-keys-on-spotify/
>>
>>74509505
well who am i to argue with a pie chart

i would have thought the relative minor of e major, one of guitar boy's favorite key, would be more common than it was
>>
>>74509531
Qhat you're saying is understandable, but at the same time it's much easier to do E minor since it has less sharps and the frets work much more easily for it as well, which also does lead to using its relative G major if the musician doesn't want the sound that comes with using minor keys.
>>
>>74509027
Doesn't pop expand more than those rock genres?
Also I don't like how acceptable generalizing pop music is while people act like rock music "dares to be different"
There must be a reason the era of the rock star is dead, no?
>>
>>74509949
>Doesn't pop expand more than those rock genres?

no, rock expands into pop (rock is pop though in technical terms).
>>
>>74508571
>Am I 100% wrong?
nah, f a m. you are 100% correct. modern rock is literally ALL shit and ALL of it sounds exactly the same.
>>
>>74510108
Not all of it sounds the same, I know, but half of it does.
I agree 100% of it sounds like shit, though.
>>
>>74510326
okay then.
/thread
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.