[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, is this album any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: DEEg9ZmUIAAcdEb.jpg (278KB, 1193x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DEEg9ZmUIAAcdEb.jpg
278KB, 1193x1200px
Now that the dust has settled, is this album any good?
>>
>>74508056
almost aoty
>>
>>74508056
AOTY
>>
>non white

discarded
>>
>>74508095
RAOTY
>>74508103
hell yeah gettem my cracka
>>
my AOTY so far, i can't see it being toppled for me personally, its a very safe top 3 though i reckon.
>>
Probably my favorite album this year so far.
Rap Album Two by Jonwayne was really good too. Bit of a downer though.
>>
its terrible, all tylers boyfriends and him singing about muh flowers and being lonely, tumblr-style bullshit
>>
imo Tyler's previous albums sucked ass but I was pretty impressed by this one
>>
It's garbage. The cover is cool though.
>>
>>74508116
have you heard saturation
>>
>>74508056

its okay, but for a Tyler the Creator album its shit.
>>
File: 1502556477455.jpg (32KB, 703x675px) Image search: [Google]
1502556477455.jpg
32KB, 703x675px
I don't know, never heard it.
Anything even remotely linked to hip hop is automatically trash.
>>
>>74508083
>>74508095
>>74508114
>>74508116

Wrong.

>>74509285
Also wrong.

>>74508056
It's excellent. Top ten record probably. But not AOTY. probably Tyler's best so far. Really fantastic production and captivating themes and lyrics. A joy to listen to front to back. Not a bad track on it.

It's just not AOTY.
>>
>nigshit memerap
by definition no
>>
>>74510406
>Anything even remotely linked to hip hop is automatically trash
>anime pic
>>
>>74508056
astonishing really. my introductory album to Tyler; i regret so much going back to listen to his other stuff. total waste of time except maybe wolf
>>
>>74508056
Listening to it right now since I've heard so much praise. I must say that it's great so far. It's definitely his strongest release yet, really enjoying it! Also, beautiful cover!
>>
>>74508056

HHAOTY
>>
>>74511287
bastard, his mixtape, is good
>>
>>74510421
>captivating themes and lyrics
>about being lonely and bored and in a different mindset than your friends
why do people act like this is so revolutionary to his sound? It's just his previous work without the edge. coming from someone who likes the album. cant stand pothole though.
>>
>>74510379
wrong, tyler the creator always makes inconsistent garbage but this is solid end-to-end, his best work yet
>>
>>74512122
yo dude its art it's about like the imagery he uses and his voice and timing and etc. it's a whole gestalt don't be a reductive cunt about it
>"the metamorphosis" is about alienation under capitalism or whatever why do people act like this is so revolutionary to literature
>>
>>74511332
You're fucking gay.
>>74509131
Correct
>>
>>74512173
maybe i have to just listen to it more attentively, but i dunno i dont hear anything special besides a nice hip hop album with fun beats and chill catchy melodies. yeah the botany imagery is a little cute but is easy and surface level.
>>
WHO DAT BOI
>>
i love it, personally a 10 for me
>>
>>74511624
no, it's not
>>
>>74508056
It's his best work, and one of my favorite things that have come out this year.
>>
Mixing is on point, Not a single bad track, Flows together as an album and isn't too short or long, Really enjoyable album and easily one of the best of the year.
>>
>>74509368
not the same guy, but that one came and went.
>>
I honestly dont see myself returning for this album very often

I like the singles (who dat boy, 911/mr lonely). Boredom is great too, but only because it sounds catchy as hell

This album has far too many little bells and whistles. Literally every second of this album is filled with small sounds and textures that could as well have been left out or toned down at the least. To me that shit takes away more from the record than add to it
>>
File: MEME! XD.png (569KB, 933x426px) Image search: [Google]
MEME! XD.png
569KB, 933x426px
>>74508056

get out of my way-way
>>
>>74510421
what's your AOTY?
>>
It's the first Tyler album that I can say I genuinely love
>>
One of Tylers best.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.