[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got a mix from Nirvana live and loud 1993 and isolate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 993.jpg (98KB, 592x738px) Image search: [Google]
993.jpg
98KB, 592x738px
I just got a mix from Nirvana live and loud 1993 and isolated Kurt's guitar then compared then with the other guitar player
Would you like to take a listen ? People always said he couldn't play very well..
https://youtu.be/AipiEGN0IkI
>>
>>74505949
yeh but its blocked for copyright
>>
it's blocked bro
>>
Shit in less than 3 minutes they blocked
>>
File: 1501892511149.gif (1011KB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1501892511149.gif
1011KB, 350x272px
>>74505949
>Viacom
>>
any idea where can I upload this ~30 mb file?
>>
>>74506013
Maybe mediafire?
>>
>>74505991
>>74505994
>>74506001
>>74506005
Here working
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wra0a
>>
>>74506001
Yeah they have algorithms that compare any uploaded audio to files in their database provided by copywriter holders so they can jump on it quick
>>
>>74506145
I was planning to make a longer video with more Kurt vs Pat guitar but I thought making shorter would avoid copyright
anyway the dailymotion link is working
>>
>>74506138
Neat. I always figured Pat was just for show (he acts like he has a seizure when he's playing ffs) and Kurt was still the dominant guitar. I've seen other shows where it seems as if they're more equal in the mix but i never thought Kurt was playing any less or worse than Pat.

Where did you find this OP?
>>
>>74506242
years ago I read Pat's guitar was about 30% lower than Kurt. What is interesting is that when both are playing it gives a wider range better than I expected.
This song is interesting because Kurt's main guitar is doing almost everything but when you take Pat's guitar it becomes weak
>Where did you find this OP?
From The Muddy Banks of Wishkah had better guitar separation than the latest Live and Loud CD
I used both to isolate Kurt's guitar and then in the Stereo mix I used both the 1996 CD and the Live and Loud 2013.
>>
>>74506145
>Blocking their own free promotion

This is why the music industry is dying.
>>
>>74506419
I'm going to upload 45 sec of the official release vs my remix
You'll tell me which one is better.

First 45 seconds: my remix
Later 45 seconds: official release

The record labels can't even bother to hire someone to mix their shit with some decency

https://clyp.it/iicouvjz
>>
>>74506513
I prefer the official, yours lacks grunt.. low end.
>>
>>74506534
there is no low end in the official release, the drums are all over the place with higher frequency boost and guitars extremely bad mixed
Not to mention vocals are lower in the official release
>>
>>74506242
Pat was just there as a mate I thought. I guess he really was getting sick of dave.
>>
>>74506550
Low mid I meant. The grunt of the guitar. It also has that chorusy clarity. Which perhaps might have been just a mistake of the production (I thought he deliberately added chorus... this is news to me)
They also space out the guitars more which is good for some people, others hate.

I can't stand mono personally. Gotta have big meaty stereo guitars for chords and riffs. Gets the groove better.
>>
>>74506598
I also like compressed guitars. Rock music sounds gutless without loudness.

That said, rick rubin is doing it wrong :^)
>>
>>74506598
I've made a more stereo mix by bumping Pat's guitar but as you can hear in the final mix the cymbals are so loud I can barely listen in my headphones and in my speakers.
The only positive thing about the final mix is the stereo separation (even so it's more mono than the 1996 release)
>>
>>74506613
That's your opinion man.
I like the compressed mess. That's part of the package that was "nirvana" - a band destroyed by fame and the industry.
>>
>>74506674
if you love stereo guitars.. this mix I've made is even more wider than the 1996 release
https://clyp.it/uiejetea
>>
>>74506686
You'd need the original recorded tracks to make it sound better man.
>>
>>74506770
yes better than this only with the master dat (or tape) recording which I don't have and never will lol
it was painful to analyze the frequency to make it the better stereo I could
>>
>>74506419
>This is why the music industry is dying.
Literally this, morons.
>>
ELECTROLYTES SMELL LIKE SEMEN
>>
>>74505949
Kurt was influenced by punk, which is a genre notorious for musicians who suck at their instruments. What else did you expect?
>>
>>74506961
heroin makes a person effeminate that's why people loved them
>>
>>74506138
godspeed you
>>
>>74506961
Hardly true, it seems like nirvana is the only "punk" band you know, they're not even punk btw
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.