[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Google: "hip-hop started in 1973" >first hip-hop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: download (8).jpg (6KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
6KB, 272x185px
>Google: "hip-hop started in 1973"
>first hip-hop album: Grandmaster Flash - The Message, 1982

Hmmmmm.....
>>
File: rZOaHhx.png (56KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
rZOaHhx.png
56KB, 192x154px
>>74488890
>music is only valid if its on an album

hmmmm
>>
>>74488890
>muh albums

Rockists fuck off
>>
>>74488890
t. rockist
>>
>>74488890
Rockists should be gassed
>>
bizarro i love you bizarro
>>
>>74488890
(You)
>>
I'm a rockist fag and even I think you're stupid.
>>
File: 71izHFGM2-L._SX355_.jpg (42KB, 355x349px) Image search: [Google]
71izHFGM2-L._SX355_.jpg
42KB, 355x349px
>Google: "Mozart was born in 1756"
>My First Classical Album: released 1987

Hmmmm...
>>
>>74489030
>Google: "When did Mozart die"
>"Your search didn't match any documents"
>>
In all seriousness though, albums are the ultimate format for music recording and distribution.
>>
File: 1461215353353.png (117KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461215353353.png
117KB, 720x720px
>>74489235
>>
Why is it that hip-hop is considered as starting in '73, but punk's universally regarded as starting in '76 despite the fact that those bands were playing the exact same songs 3 or 4 years prior?
>>
>album
Why is /mu/ so ignorant again?
This is why we need more elitism.
>>
>>74489281
Punk started in the 60s, just in case...
>>
>>74489281
DJ Kool Herc developed the style that was the blueprint for hip hop music. Herc used the record to focus on a short, heavily percussive part in it: the "break". Since this part of the record was the one the dancers liked best, Herc isolated the break and prolonged it by changing between two record players. As one record reached the end of the break, he cued a second record back to the beginning of the break, which allowed him to extend a relatively short section of music into "five-minute loop of fury".[7] This innovation had its roots in what Herc called "The Merry-Go-Round," a technique by which the deejay switched from break to break at the height of the party. This technique is specifically called "The Merry-Go-Round" because according to Herc, it takes one "back and forth with no slack."[8] Herc told The New York Times that he first introduced the Merry-Go-Round into his sets in 1972.[9]

Considering hip hop started as block parties to give kids something to do instead of getting involved with gangs and shit, that makes sense. Plus when you consider the breakbeat was crucial to the start of the genre which again was invented for the same kids to dance to at those block parties...
>>
File: gil.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
gil.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
This was the first real hip-hop song. Prove me wrong. Released 1970.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGaoXAwl9kw
>>
>>74489341
>no breaks
>>
>>74489281
The whole punk attitude has existed since the 60s with garage rock
>>
Music genres aren't a concrete thing, the culture developed over time and the block party they list is a pretty decent starting point for what developed into hip hop culture
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.