[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of The Shins? I know they're like the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
What does /mu/ think of The Shins? I know they're like the most entry level indie rock band but I think they've stayed consistently good for a really long time, which is commendable.
>>
I listened to this rercord a couple days ago, and I enjoyed it, not the best but certainly far from the best. Fun tracks
>>
>they've stayed consistently good for a really long time
except nothing after their first two records is even worth listening to?
>>
>>74487100
That's a nice album cover
>>
>>74487498
Wincing was their last good album, Broken Bells was Mercer's last good album, everything after has been terrible
>>
>>74487498
Wincing is about 10x better than Chutes you fucking abject pleb.
>>
>>74487100
I just saw them live a couple months ago. It was a good show. James didn't try to get all cutesy and rework the songs like he often does with his acoustic sets, which was nice.

Heartworms was alright. Better than Port of Morrow. Not nearly as good as anything before Port of Morrow. I hope it's the last album he puts out under the Shins name.
>>
>>74487698
I agree broken bells was actually p decent, better than anything the shins did after Chutes
>>74487722
>defends a band's sellout album by calling someone else a pleb
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>74487765
Wincing was the sellout album? You're sure it wasn't Chutes, which James has explicitly said in interviews that he rushed out to meet a label deadline, and was forced to use Phil Elk's squeaky clean production instead of his minimalist lo-fi production from OIW?

If you don't know jack fuck about what you're talking about, a good alternative is to just leave your mouth shut so you don't look like an even bigger fucking moron. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>74487817
*Ek, fuck autocorrect.
>>
I have an irrational hatred towards them
>>
>>74487817
yeah the production on wincing is so much more adventurous and interesting, right? the way they hopped on a bunch of bland electronics to chase a trend, that was super rad. or the way the songwriting went to complete shit with dreadfully generic singles stitched together by a bunch of filler that doesn't even bother pretending it's exciting at all, that was cool too.
Oh, Inverted World and Chutes Too Narrow are far from mindblowing. they're fun, cutesy little records that had enough energy and fun (these were key to the shins) that they were acceptable for the time they were released. everything after has been completely milquetoast and reeked of complacency, save for Heartworms, though the desperation on that record sure isn't any more compelling.
>>
this album was really bad though OP
>>
>>74487100
not a follower of indie music but i love the first 3 shins albums. soundtrack to my teenage years desu.
>>
>>74489987
They're legit. They were friends of friends back in the 90s when having patrician taste in music was a bit more of a challenge.
>>
>>74490032
im honestly surprised they didnt cross over into the mainstream. james mercers ear for infectious melodies and easily digestable song writing is uncanny.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.