[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of this album? I remember listening to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: the-police-ssynchronicity.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
the-police-ssynchronicity.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
What does /mu/ think of this album?
I remember listening to it and thinking it was ridiculously boring outside of its singles and Miss Gradenko and even Every Breath You Take had become monotonous by the time it came up.
>>
first for Mother is good
>>
It's pretty good. Tea in the Sahara is the best track.
>>
Zenyatta Mondata is the best Police album
>>
File: 3.png (62KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
62KB, 300x433px
>>74485376
Some anon bullied me into listening to it, really quite liked it though I feel it lost steam pretty quickly once Every Breath You Take came on.
>>
File: zenyatta mondatta.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta mondatta.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
>>74486364
This. Zenyatta is the best New Wave record.

>>74485376
Stewart doesn't do his usual fireworks, here. It definitely shows in the tempo department and it's telling that you like Miss Gradenko, as Stew wrote that. I like the whole album, though. Outside of Mother, which should have been replaced with Murder by Numbers or Someone to Talk To, both are much better Andy compositions

>>74486554
I may remember you. Were you the silly billy who said the Police never made a masterpiece about a month or so ago? I think you responded to me and some other anon got mad and told you about Synchronicity
>>
File: No bully pls.png (178KB, 737x800px) Image search: [Google]
No bully pls.png
178KB, 737x800px
>>74488207
Yes, I felt really bad.
>>
>>74488246
I was just glad you gave them a shot. Have you listened to any of their other records? Even the normies admit they have a fantastic discography, right up there with the Beatles.

If you don't like the slower numbers on here, I'd definitely recommend their first three albums. I'd try Outlandos or Zenyatta.
>>
>>74488458
I haven't tried any of their other albums as of yet, though I'm certainly going to. I'll likely traverse their discography in reverse order - was it a bad idea to start with Synchronicity by the way? Usually I listen in chronological order though that was a one-off case where the opposite was done. Usually interesting to see how a band's style develops.

Weirdly enough I've never seen anyone mention them, then I don't really talk to anyone about music other than this website.
>>
>>74488609
If you're going in reverse order, I'd avoid Ghost which would be your next. I like it, but the horns added on that album make it harder to get into. I'd go with Zenyatta next.

I would've started with Zenyatta as Synchronicity doesn't sound anything like their unique sound on the first three albums.

Yeah, they're not mentioned much here. Partially due to how they get lumped with Journey, Foreigner,and those other obnoxiously overplayed bands of the late 70's early 80's. Also, partially due to how they haven't done anything in ten years and before that they didn't do anything for twenty years.
>>
I hate Every Breath You Take, it's really cheesy. I like all their other singles just can't stand that one. Walking in Your Footsteps is great.
>>
>>74489189
How is it cheesy? It's a song about stalking.

>Every smile you fake
>>
>>74489560
Sting definitely had some interesting sexual hang-ups. Every Breath You Take, Don't Stand So Close To Me, also that song on their first album about a blow-up doll.
>>
MANY MILES AWAY
SOMETHING CRAWLS FROM THE SLIME
AT THE BOTTOM OF A DARK
SCOTTISH LAKE
>>
>>74489870
Sting is a creepy guy, going from songs like that to describing how enjoyable it is to be a serial killer in Murder by Numbers.
>>
>>74485376
There were some good songs but too middle of the road and overall meh, you can tell it would be their last album
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.