[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this new 'hip hop' music??? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 86427864286428659730.png (231KB, 494x387px) Image search: [Google]
86427864286428659730.png
231KB, 494x387px
Why do people like this new 'hip hop' music???

They're not saying anything intelligent or life affirming. I don't feel good when I listen to it. These rappers aren't even nice people... They would probably bully me and play pranks on me in person.

Stop listening to this!!
>>
it's fun
if you don't like it that's fine
>>
>implying old rap said anything intelligent or life affirming
Hip-Hop is not an intelligent genre of music.
>>
File: giphy-downsized.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-downsized.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Have you heard the new Jay-Z song called "The Story of OJ".

Really good :)
>>
go to bed hopsin
>>
>>74474738
It's not fun. You must be pretending to have fun.

Like why do people listen to 'The Weeknd' singing about going to parties and having sex and drinking sugary painkiller liquid?

In theory this is because you have parties and have sex yourself because why would you want to be reminded of involuntary celibacy and loneliness by listening to a guy boasting about how he does those things

But what doesn't make sense is if you did do those things why would you listen to a guy sing about having sex and partying, when you could just do those things yourself which are better than listening to a guy sing about it. It doesn't even give you a warm emotional feeling like Marvin Gaye singing about sex... it's nodding your head in vicarious kudos at the guy, The Weeknd, having sex with women and having a social life.
>>
>>74474865
>Why would anyone listen to a guy sing about something when you could go do it?
Why would anyone watch football when they can just go play football?
Why would anyone watch a videogame livestream when they could play the videogame?
>>
File: 75678642869739.png (840KB, 1920x1541px) Image search: [Google]
75678642869739.png
840KB, 1920x1541px
>>74474930
>Why would anyone watch football when they can just go play football?

It's a psyop to channel tribalist urges, surrogate nationalism pressure valve. They wouldn't watch it if the players were shuffled and not from a particular state. Also people trying to be normie. I'd say a small proportion of people are actual trainspotter level into it without stupid underlying motives.

>Why would anyone watch a videogame livestream when they could play the videogame?

That's a perfectly valid question, most of it is autism. A small sliver of that is because the streamer is virtuoso level and they want to emulate them or watch in awe but that's almost never the case. They're usually ADD motormouths and are really bad at the game.
>>
>>74474865
I prefer the violent thug stuff. I like gangster movies.
>>
>>74475166
>They wouldn't watch it if the players were shuffled and not from a particular state.
I don't even watch football but you do know they do this right
>>
>>74475210
I'm not even American so you can't even bully me on this. But that's probably not a main draw at all. My point still stands and applies to all overrated ballsports.
>>
>>74474865
weeknd isn't hip-hop
>>
File: 1417802358203.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417802358203.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
I don't.

95% of my rap collection is old school gangsta rap. Mumble rap, conscious rap, whatever the kids are listening to these days, that's not the shit I grew up with.

What makes me fucking mad was I grew up on hardcore gangsta rap because I had not one but two local radio stations that would play it non stop, and now to "keep up with the times" they only play weak ass R&B shit. It's disgusting, I fucking hate it.
>>
>>74475248
It's part of the new music that isn't nice.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.