[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Rappers that only sound good when great producers carries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

ITT: Rappers that only sound good when great producers carries them

I'll start, Freddie Gibbs who is only listenable on Pinata thanks to Madlib.
>>
>>74474322
every rapper besides eminem
>>
When is the second album coming out?
>>
>>74474322
all new rappers
>>
I'm just thankful pinata exists. I knew neither of them would make anything as good for a long time if ever again. that's barring a proper madvillain sequel ofc
>>
>>74474322
All rappers ever
>>
Kanye
>>
>>74474322
Wu-Tang B-team
>>
>>74474322
"Ive never heard Freddie's solo work"
Hes also the highlight of every song hes featured in.
>>
>>74474527
Not even to be honest; sometimes they suck no matter what>
>>
I don't understand why Madlib isn't more famous.
>>
>>74474582
eh deck and cappadonna are pretty good when they're on point.
>>
>>74474605
how is he not famous already?
>>
I challenge anyone to find a better example
https://youtu.be/o483VZ5kB_E
Hardmode: No 21 Savage
>>
>>74474322
>>74474489
Fuck damn. Don't sleep on Shadow of a Doubt... It's a really fantastic album. Freddie Gibbs is special in that he can work his gangster-rap sensibilities around anything, and I think Piñata and SOAD are an amazing pairing that compliment each other very well in that way. So far, Freddie's having a great run, whomever is producing.
>>
>>74474556
>"Ive never heard Freddie's solo work"
I've heard ESGN, Shadow of a Doubt, You Only Live 2wice, Pronto, The Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs and midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik.
>>
>>74474322
>>74474625
21 savage
>>
>>74474322
Literally every rapper unless they produce the majority of their own music
>>
>>74474556
Fr, cold day in hell & shadow of a doubt are just as good as pinata
>>
>>74474704
facts man. People who say Piñata is miles above his other work are just Madlib dickriders.
>>
>>74474426
I know you're memeing, but Eminem's production is precisely why he's shit.
>>
>>74474736
im not memeing. if op actually cared about rhymes he would actually just listen to battle rappers like eyedea
the rest of them all depend on the production.
>>
>>74474605
Hes literally one of the most famous hiphop producers of all time.
>>
>>74474736
I feel like people who rank Eminem as GOAT constantly forget how unlistenable most of Relapse and Recovery were. Even if they had some of his strongest verses the production on every song was cheesy as hell and the hooks were even worse.
>>
>>74474322
more like freddie fibs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRkpZK6dObk
>>
>>74474914
HELL YEEEE BOII
>>
>>74474685
fuck i was going to post this
>>
>>74475013
i actually like his voice tho
>>
>>74475035
it sounded its best on savage mode when it was lazier, lower, and blended in more with the instrumentals. 21 savage is harder to listen to when he has more presence, which is why i had a feeling his newest album wasnt going to be something i liked.
>>
>>74474605
only talented people can be famous. go listen to pop tunes like radiohead or kanye
>>
>>74474322
Doesn't make sense because Madlib doesn't let wack rappers touch his beats, let alone produce entire albums with them.

Man, Freddie Gibbs is so shit, let me go give him all of my beats.

To be honest the only "rapper" I feel this applies to is Carti, who would have no hype if Rocky wasn't so goddamn determined to make him famous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcJVXg7gg4w
>>
>>74475134
I dunno I can hardly leave my house without Bank Account blasting out of somebody's car.
>>
desiigner
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.