[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RHCP? Why do they get hate on here? Let's talk about them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 960.jpg (24KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
24KB, 960x540px
RHCP? Why do they get hate on here?

Let's talk about them seriously no haters allowed. My favorite song is Snow (Hey Oh)
>>
They get hate cause a lot of people dismiss them for the california shit and the 5 or 6 overplayed radio singles. A lot of people also have a hate boner for Anthony Kiedis so that doesn't help, he is a complete piece of shit to be fair.
I'm convinced that if their songs like 'I Could Have Lied' and 'Pretty Little Ditty' were by a lesser known band people would like them a lot more. Imo RHCP has made some of the best pop rock out there
>>
>>74466350
>Let's talk about them seriously no haters allowed.
That's one big oxymoron
>>
>>74467222
Hi patton
>>
>>74466350
Because memes, normies, and Anthony Kiedis. Snow is the most normie song.
I pick Show Me Your Soul or The Brother's Cup.
>>
Because they're fucking trash this isn't up for debate you're just retarded
>>
>>74466350
DUDE
CALIFORNIA
>>
>>74467247
Dude kill yourself one of the best bands of the 90s
>>
>>74467247
Kys
>>
Do you have a moment to talk about California?
>>
>>74467259
>>74467270
>"bruhhhhhhh they totally arenttt"
Refer back to the previous statement
>>
If we're talking about them seriously let's discuss what is the best song on Freaky Styley. If someone brings up Californication I will stab them.
>>
>>74467294
Honestly what's so bad about them? There's some weird double think on /mu/ that Fruciante is a god but RHCP even when Fruciante was in them is garbage
>>
The only album we should discuss is Freaky Styley,which is an underrated funk/funk rock album
>>
>>74467329
Californication is better than California at least
>>
>>74467329
Their best song is One Hot Minute

They had evolved from funk, but hadn't sold out
>>
>>74467329

Thirty Dirty Birds.

Also, This Velvet Glove and Easily are good songs and no one can take that away from me
>>
>>74467352
Best songs on Freaky Styley are American Ghost dance and Brother's Cup.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1000x732px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1000x732px
>As a result of the concert removals, Mr. Bungle parodied the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Pontiac, Michigan (coincidentally the home state of Anthony Kiedis) on Halloween of 1999. Patton introduced each Mr. Bungle band member with the name of one of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, before covering the songs "Give It Away", "Around the World", "Under the Bridge" and "Scar Tissue", with Patton deliberately using incorrect lyrics. Mr. Bungle also satirized many of the mannerisms of the band, mocking heroin injections, deceased guitarist Hillel Slovak and on-stage antics.
>>
>>74467419
So randumb xDdd I overdoses on randumniss xdddDD
>>
>>74467351
Basic /mu/ math.
Frusciante=100
Flea=50
Chad Smith=25
Kiedis= -500
Total=-325

I actually like them but this is the kind of vibe I get from /mu/ as a whole
>>
I never noticed any hate on here before but I barely lurk anyway. They've been one of my favorites since childhood. I found that I don't have to care about what pretentious people think about something that's dear to me. I can almost thank them for opening me up to many things I enjoy today, like heroin and cocaina.
>>
>>74467419
>kicking Mike Patton's dogshit sporkcore band off of a festival bill, thus sparing thousands from having to suffer through their performance

Wtf I love Kiedis now.
>>
>>74467351
Drummer and singer are beyond redemption. Fruciante wasn't even in there that much, generic songs generic structures etc
>>
>>74467461
Kiedis aint bad dickhead
>>
>>74467461
Take that back. Chad Smith might not be the greatest of all time but beyond redemption is fucking disrespectful

https://youtu.be/Rp2-aOHh_S8
>>
CALAFONYEA
>>
File: 14-Musicians-Are-Some.jpg (40KB, 570x366px) Image search: [Google]
14-Musicians-Are-Some.jpg
40KB, 570x366px
>>
>>74467548
Who's that nobody?
>>
>>74467548
>using someone elses opinion instead of providing your own
>>
>>74467438
Why do people vote Flea so low tho? He's an amazing all round musician
>>
One of my best friends constantly plays Red Hot Chili Peppers. Like seriously that's all the guy knows how to play with an sux cable in his car. All he does is talk about how John Frusciante is God, and How Anthony Keidis totally "gets him". He also acts like the music is above my comprehension (to be fair I'm kinda the same way with my music taste) but damn it's fucking RHCP. Am I missing something obvious?? I mean they have some good songs, but it's a bit unapologetically cheesy at times for my taste. I live in California btw, and My first band played our first show at the same place RHCP played their first one did in the 80's. But I really have grown to have an unhealthy hate for the Chilis. Ugh I'm frustrated
>>
>>74467560
It's just a confirmation of mine m8
>>
>>74467461
>Chad Smith a bad drummer
Nigga are you retarded?
>>
Love RHCP and if you don't there might be something wrong with you. It's like hating fun
>>
>>74467590
Dude Flea's the reason I started playing music, I was just basing it off of the general opinion I see on /mu/
If it were just my ratings I would even put Kiedis in the positives
>>
>>74467624
My bro Vro, I just think a lot of people write them off because of their radio signals. Although it seems to be mostly Americans that hate them, did they get thrashed like a dead horse on the radio in the US of A?
>>
>>74467594
Listen to Niandra Lades by John Frusciante. It's an experimental masterpiece. Then listen to Freaky Styley for crazy funk.
>>
>>74467594
Your friend is just a fag. Not the bands fault.
>>
I don't love them but I don't hate them.
>>
>>74467594
I felt the same about The Beatles. Maybe stop jacking your dick but also tell your friend to stop being a half-wit and that it's not that deep. If not then hopefully he'll grow out of that phase.
>>
>>74467652
I'm pretty sure every second song on alt radio between 2005 and 2010 was either Give it Away or Dani California. And then Dark Necessities got nice and overplayed and I didn't even like that one to begin with
>>
>>74467652
Oh god yes they get played every day
>>
>>74466350
>RHCP? Why do they get hate on here?
Because they suck.
>no haters allowed
>>>/reddit/
>>
Problem is that Anthony is an idiot and also a pretty scummy human being.
>>
>>74467906
Yeah how dare he not like being ripped off by some sporkcore fag who fell assbackwards into a successful career
>>
Talented, but, boring band, with a shitty singer. Awful lyrics on the large majority of songs.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.