[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despacito has more views on youtube than the entire genre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: burthum.png (194KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
burthum.png
194KB, 720x540px
Despacito has more views on youtube than the entire genre of shoegaze.

Discuss.
>>
Viewbots and intense marketing
>>
fuck off spamming this nasty skank
>>
probably tylo be chillin
>>
>>74463742
No. I don't care.
>>
>>74463922
Oh.
>>
Despacito, unlike shoegaze, is actually enjoyable.
>>
File: ea4.png (96KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
ea4.png
96KB, 396x385px
>>74463742
despacitos in the hoooouuuuuse toniiiiight
>>
>>74463742
Nobody fuckin cares just enjoy music you like
>>
>>74464629
I just think it's interesting how small shoegaze is comparatively.

Like you come here every day and browse sites like last.fm and pitchfork and you start thinking that shoegaze is like this giant thing that left a huge imprint on music. Meanwhile, there are these two spanish chads singing the Spanish word for slowly and they've already eclipsed it.

It's crazy.

Creation Records was this hugely influential movement and it was surpassed by one song. Absolute madness.
>>
>>74464734
You know what's the difference between shoegaze and Despacito? "Loveless" was released 26 years ago and people are still listening to it and loving it. Numerous musicians imitated its style. Despacito on the other hand will be forgotten in two years. Nobody listens to Gangnam Style anymore and that song had more personality (recognizable dance and music video) than Despacito. Who would want to imitate Despacito musically, who would be inspired by it? Literally nobody, its just an another generic corporate product. Being a big meme for one summer is not what I see as success.

Also, I literally never heard the song on the radio or mentioned irl. I'm honestly open to the possibility that they just used viewbots...
>>
>>74463742
It probably has more views that the whole /mu/core chart. The 100+ albums
>>
>>74463742
How can this be possible if shoegaze is not a real genre?
>>
File: 1477947954461.jpg (45KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1477947954461.jpg
45KB, 500x374px
>>74466336
>I literally never heard the song on the radio or mentioned irl
Do you listen to much radio? As I hear it quite often, unfortunately.

I do get your point though. It's still crazy though that more people have supposedly listened to this song in a month, then people have listened to an entire genre in the 10 or whatever years that youtube has been a thing.

The views for Despacito will die down, but it's going to take shoegaze a long time to overtake it again.

>>74466378
>It probably has more views that the whole /mu/core chart. The 100+ albums
>thy face when
>>
>>74466428
Maybe that was my joke.
>>
>>74466431
I do listen to radio fairly often (though not willingly). I live in a small European country, which might influence my perception, but this song is supposed to be a bigger meme than Gangnam Style and I never hear about it, while everyone around me knew about GS when it blew up.
This is just anecdotal experience, but it is weird.
>>
>>74466543
>This is just anecdotal experience, but it is weird.
It's a good point though.

Gangam Style was like this huge cultural thing that was everywhere, while Despacito is just a song that's popular.

In about 2-months time everyone will likely forget about it. But that's the weird part, that this song can come around and be literally the most popular thing on earth for a short while and then completely vanish.
>>
i've never even heard despacito
>>
>>74466431
mucore is full pop acts like kendrick or kanye
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.