[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two years on and this album still feels completely special to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Two years on and this album still feels completely special to me. Sometimes I think it's his best work
>>
Really? Still sounds pretty boring to me, desu.
>>
I love this album too.

JUST NOW I SEE IT SOO CLEARRR

TOTAL SHIFT IN THE UNCONSCIOUS
>>
Saw him play this live in the California desert months before the album was released. Still the best show I've ever seen to this day. Great album live, but the studio version just doesn't live up
>>
>>74458719
I'm a huge anco stan and this album is really not good. tied with slasher flicks for worst solo project.
>>
It's his best solo album and was underrated at release.
>>
>>74458834
slasher flicks is nowhere near PBMTGR
>>
>>74458982
just cause panda bear drowns everything in reverb doesn't make the album compelling. same way Avey cluttering the mix with a bunch of bullshit sound effects didn't make that album any better. both records played it completely safe because they thought they knew what was expected of them.
>>
>>74459035
I feel like slasher flicks was much safer than PBVSGR. Slasher flicks is frenetic, poppy avey--wacky melodies and fuzzy effects--but no real personality or bite the way CHZ has. PBVSGR is just a really dense and repetitive in a way that's really attractive to me, I can get lost in it and it always feels familiar in a welcoming way
>>
>>74458719
Yeah, I thought it was really good. I hope Sonic Boom produces Panda's next project as well, they seem to be a good team.
>>
>>74459081
I don't know, I much prefer the PBVSGR demos before sonic boom got his hands on them in the studio
>>
>>74459073
>repetitive
diff strokes for diff folks I suppose, this is one of my least favorite things about the album and I usually like how drawn out anco material is
>>
>>74459146
yeah, while I've grown to like some of his contributions every time I go back and listen to stuff like the Tomboy singles and early PBvsGR demos they feel much more varied and have much more personality. I hope the next album (which he's said is fairly minimal) is just him alone.
>>
>>74458823
Pappy and Harriets? Right on my dude. Yeah i agree that songs like boys latin and selfish gene are a lot more impactful live.
>>
the sound design was unfortunately way too advanced and forward-thinking for most people on this board to understand

possibly his most creative work
>>
>>74458719
what album is this?
not even trolling
>>
>>74459240
I guess you don't like Person Pitch either?
>>
>>74459690
Panda Bear vs the Grim Reaper
>>
>>74459690
Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper
Solo album by Panda Bear, a recurring member of Animal Collective.
>>
>>74459709
the production on pp is infinitely more lush and organic than anything on grim reaper, to the point where it can excuse some occasionally repetitive songwriting.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.