[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so tired of seeing this overpriced the garbage touted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: op-1.jpg (124KB, 900x370px) Image search: [Google]
op-1.jpg
124KB, 900x370px
I'm so tired of seeing this overpriced the garbage touted as the next revolution in music making technology. Every five seconds some hipster with no musical background or talent watches a Red Means Recording video and thinks that if they drop 900 bucks on this thing that they're going to be the next fucking Gold Panda (or whatever they listen to).

Listen you fucks, I know you're out there. It won't work. After a month and the third time you've taken it to the little boutique tea cafe you go to, the novelty will wear off and you will be exactly at the point that you started at, zero musical experience and probably shitty music taste to boot. Stop kidding yourself, music takes a long ass time. No piece of gear is going to give you that time on a silver platter. Yes it's a convenient piece of gear, but it's really best in the hands of an informed and capable musician on the road. You're not a producer, you're a fucking wannabe narcissist who adopts a new persona and career every five years, or however long it takes you to get sick of the hard work that it takes to actually accomplish something great and move on to something else trendy. Why not dust off that old SLR you bought back in 2006, or go re-enroll in some of those printmaking classes you were so into a couple years ago?

Don't think that you're any exception to this either. All it takes is one look on eBay to see how many of these are for sale used right now.
>>
>>74449678
>I'm so tired of seeing this overpriced the garbage touted as the next revolution in music
No one in the synth community calls it that...
>>
You seem really angry

Why?
>>
>>74449678
You seem upset, did your gf leave you bcs you wouldnt get her one?
Also this >>74449686
They where hyped when they came out but it was a matter of time before ppl realized that an Ipad is better and cheaper

We Volca and Monologue now
>>
>>74449678
is this modern advertising?
>>
>>74449815
tbf Volcas are only a slight step above, and even then they're not as well rounded as the Op-1. I'd love to have every Volca and an Op-1 but I'd rather save/spend my money on hundreds of other mid-higher range gear before I invest in any of them.
>>
I don't know shit about music production, but why do people still use hardware synths? What can they do that software synths can't?
>>
>>74449865
There is nothing that a softsynths can not replicate. People say the tone is better on hardware synths, but the difference is largely negligible.

The main reason is the difference in workflow ie working with MIDI vs working with audio. If you can actually play keys, you might prefer having an actual instrument that you can jam on and record as opposed to just bashing midi signals.
>>
>>74449865
>>74450101
Some of us can actually afford the things we want in life.
>>
>>74449861
Volcas are fun, I bought a keys and when it got boring traded it for a FM and since it wasnt for me I traded it for a Sample which is the best one so far (still a toy, but works gr8 as a sketchpad for beats). Since a lot of ppl bought them you can find them cheap in the wild.
The Monologue in the other hand is awesome, it doesnt try to be "retro" or anything and is a full monosynth with almost no limitations (except for the envelope, but theres a workaround). My advice is to get one instead of a volca since it's a real instrument with proper knobs and stuff and costs the same as two volcas (and can easily replace the bass and kick)
I wouldnt spend on a OP-1, there are far better options for that money and the internal battery will eventually die, and if TE dies it will become an expensive brick. And srsly, i'm not shure if TE will exist much longer, they flooded the market with POs and no one is buying them and the OP-z has been in development for almost 2 years, and its a gimmicky synth/sampler

>>74450101
Probably been said 10000 times, but when you spend 8hr a day in front of a conputer the last thing you wanna do when you get home is spending more time in a DAW.
Hardware gear is just more fun
>>
>>74450246
>I can't think of an argument so instead I'll just call everyone a neet
>>
>>74450340
Im too busy making money to bother with you
>>
>>74450249
Yeah if I were to get any it would be a Sample. I do lust after the monologues, but I already have a DSI Mopho keys and plan on getting the SH-01A so my monosynth needs are more than met for the moment, it is on my long to-buy list though, and you really can't beat its price, especially used.
>>
>>74450370
>STILL unable to produce an argument
You literally sound like a 13 year old who got a Volca for his birthday and thinks he's hot fucking shit now
>>
Okay real talk, I got given one with a bum key by a friend. I can't really make much sense of it, though. How do I into this weird tiny keyboard that's been forced upon me
>>
>>74450384
>SH-01A
I would skip that one senpai, specially since Uli is taunting to make a better clone. The whole Roland Boutique series is kind of crap IMO, those tiny knobs are a pain to use, not as bad a the Volca ones but pretty bad, specially when you need to fine tune parameters. Just get a System 1, the green leds are ugly af but actually very useful when loading patches
>>
>>74449678
All this buyers remorse
you should've just gotten an iPad and not fallen for the meme
>>
>>74449678
>triggered by gear
lol what a douche
>>
This meme won't catch on.

While I somewhat agree with its sentiment, it's got too niche of an audience and most people into hardware and synths don't really give a shit.

Hats off to the samefag that keeps this up everyday, but I'm afraid you'll be alone.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.