[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want this album to fuck me in the ass. It's THAT good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0872.jpg (111KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0872.jpg
111KB, 700x700px
I want this album to fuck me in the ass. It's THAT good.

Where should I go from here in terms of The Caretaker's discography? I'm already really into Everywhere at the end of time
>>
doesnt matter
its all the same shit anyway
>>
>>74443928
thanks I'll check them out
>>
>>74443915
Go chronologically basically. Although albums between A Stairway to the Stars and An Empty Bliss... are by far his weakest (Additional Amnesiac Memories doesn't do anything to me). And Patience with Extra Patience - all the way great OST
>>
>>74443994
>OST
What?
>>
>>74444495
>OST
Patience (After Sebald) is a documentary (about "The Rings of Saturn" guy; haven't watched that yet) that The Caretaker made a soundtrack for. Stuff from this documentary are on his albums Patience (After Sebald) and Extra Patience (After Sebald).

I would never though I would use so many "(After Sebald)" in a sentence.
>>
Obviously Everywhere at the End of Time parts 1 and 2
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rab1AXDOXcM
>>
>>74444589
Oh alright nice to know
>>
>>74443915
garbage album
>>
>>74443915
Selected Memories From the Haunted Ballroom is a bit noisier than his usual Caretaker stuff.

A Stairway to the Stars and We'll All Go Riding on a Rainbow are closer to dark ambient.

Theoretically Pure Anterograde Amnesia is a behemoth of a project and is probably better saved till later. The sounds here go in a different direction from one track to another which makes for a disorienting experience. If you want to make it an easier listen you can listen in 12 song increments like the CD version.

Deleted Scenes, Forgotten Dreams is a pure ambient exercise with a few long tracks that reward close attention and patience.

Persistent Repetition of Phrases is like the midpoint between his earlier stuff and An Empty Bliss.

Patience (After Sebald) and Extra Patience are a more melancholy extension of what he did on An Empty Bliss. This is a good next listening point.

Also if you want something a little different check out his other projects:

The Stranger, which is very dark and uses industrial and dark ambient sounds.
Leyland Kirby, which combines traditional classical music, ambient, and electronic textures.
V/Vm, which is mostly abrasive noise tracks and novelty tracks, but has also been used to dump a bunch of other music. This stuff is hard to find though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.