[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age do people grow out of music? At what age does listening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1472923867608.png (261KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
1472923867608.png
261KB, 500x437px
At what age do people grow out of music? At what age does listening to college kid music scene indeh girl music start to get embarrassing?

I can understand being obsessed with classical music and music theory and the process of it all, but aren't "bands" for juveniles?
>>
>>74436865
>>
>>74436865
There was a study that said around early to mid 30's. Sounds plausible.
>>
>>74436865
Classical music isn't any different. Music as a whole is pretty much a toy.
>>
>>74436865
>At what age does listening to college kid music scene indeh girl music start to get embarrassing?
16 for males, 24 for females
>>
>>74436865
right after you stop finding sam hyde funny, so like 13 or so
>>
>>74436865
When you have kids, probably. I know a lot of people who are involved with music in terms of either promoting/booking/managing or playing music, and usually they hang up their guns when a kid is spawned. Then again I've seen people pick it up again when the kid is older or they just keep rolling with it but stay less involved than they were before.

I guess it just comes down to how much you're into music, whether it's a casual thing for you or not.
>>
When I turned 25 I stabbed sharpened pencils into my ears and broke them off.
>>
>>74436937
t. dilettante
>>
>>74436986
2070 is a goddamn masterpiece
>>
You don't really grow out of music, you just stop seeking out new shit. So you basically get frozen in the same rotation of albums from your youth until the day you die.
>>
Once you graduate college and start working a real job you move on. You become concerned with other things. Not seeking new music
>>
>>74437538
All entertainment is worthless nigga
>>
is this the nostalgia critic
>>
>>74436865
Some people never do.

Almost all composers continue to compose until they die. Most old people love music.
>>
>>74437641
well that's depressing
>>
>>74436865
>music theory and the process of it all
that's called autism
>>
>>74436865
college kid music scene indeh girl music has always sounded like shit to me, and I basically look down upon anyone who listens to it unironically as a fan. though they can be guilty pleasures for me. I know sort of a paradox for me
>>
>>74436865
never thought of it, and honestly if you always think of your hobbies and what you do like that, you'll always be below average or be the biggest pleb at every new hobby or interest you switch to. Good luck.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.