[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do i play the top treble staff or the lower one? do i chose which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1136.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1136.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
do i play the top treble staff or the lower one? do i chose which one i want to play?
is the top one the melody?
>>
Top is the melody.
>>
>>74436466
The melody line is doubled in the middle staff so just play the middle and bottom staves but bring out the melody
>>
>>74436466
If the top is the melody, it now just depends on whether you play the melody or the harmony.
>>
>>74436496
so i play the middle and bottom staves but bring out the melody(top staff) every once in a while?
>>
Notice that the two bottom staffs have a little "{" at the start.

Thats called a grand staff, theres this weird instrument called "the piano" (among others) that primarily uses that to notate its music.

The top staff is a melody line, meant to be sung.

The chord diagrams are to guide a guitarrist to play alongside the voice.
>>
>>74436496
>>74436583
i have the choice to play either?
>>
>>74436600
What instrument are you playing exactly..?
>>
>>74436600
Im not the guys you are replying to, I'm
>>74436590

The notes are doubled to guide singers. Most of the singers find it easier to be in tune and sing when they have a "supporting" instrument. In this case, this is done by the upper note of the chords on the treble staff of the grand staff (which is meant to be a piano).
>>
>>74436655
piano
>>
>>74436669
You have to play the middle and bottom bars
(the grand staff) with one hand and the other for each bar.
>>
>>74436669
Like the other dude said, play the bottom two staffs. The { denotes a grand staff, which is how piano parts are notated. Of the two bottom staffs within the { the top is the melody/harmony (right hand) and the bottom is the bass (left hand). The very top (with words under it) is the melody, which can be sung or played individually. You do not play that because that melody is already in the piano part.
>>
>>74437113
>>74436735
thank you anons people like u give me hope that mu isnt a shit hole sprouting memes like autists
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.