[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a bad song be improved into a good song? I feel like a bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Can a bad song be improved into a good song? I feel like a bad song isn't necessarily bad, it could be turned into something better
>>
>>74435981
Perhaps this is relevant to the discussion.
Composers (actual composers) most often engage in a refinement of their music. For example, Beethoven wrote a lot of possible variations of a melodic line, and among all of those possible candidates he chose one for a given section of a pice.

Of course other approaches have been documented, Mozart was known for being very spontaneous in his compositional process, giving a very complex musical structure and relationships between the elements of his music. There was a time period in which he wrote like a symphonie per week.

In the XXth century, part of the aesthetic discourse was shifted towards an appreciation of the "process of composing" in itself, rather than the emphasis on the final product that was given historically.

So "bad songs" are either not bad in the comporsers aesthetic framework, or the composer decided to stop working on them.

(TL;DR yes)
>>
Also, sorry for the poorly written english
>>
good song: style
great song: all too well
>>
>>74436951
great post thanks.. more than i expected

thought it was an interesting thing to think about.. one recording or rendition isn't exactly the final form of a song/piece most times. or doesnt have to be
>>
Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent

Victor Hugo

Adding to Miss Swifts statement in the OP, I would say that "music" that only "makes you dance", must be appreciated as the merchandise that it is, separating it from the higher art of Music. Perhaps what she was trying to say is that Music should engage the listener and performer in metaphors and mind ectasy, and that she knows that she does not make art.

Not to detriment to the great production value in a lot of "pop" music, producers often make a remarkable work. Also, that music helps and shapes art in a lot of ways.
>>
>>74437062
Yeah, definetely an interesting thing to think about.

And I agree with you, in that a rendition of a song shapes a great deal the effect the music has on the listener.

Once I heard a person say that "a composition is only finished when the performance is tomrrow", and I think it is often the case that artists dont find perfection in their creations, and dont consider them finished.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.