[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried to stick this on and pretend it's HUMANZ, and that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1548.jpg (465KB, 2362x2363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1548.jpg
465KB, 2362x2363px
I tried to stick this on and pretend it's HUMANZ, and that the HUMANZ we got never happened.
Still a better experience than Damon Albarn prods a clustercuck of weird shitty rappers with shoehorned politics
>>
>>74435442
Blur were always better than Gorillaz anyway
>>
Plastic Beach was the beginning of the end for all Damon projects
>>
I finally got around to listening to this recently too and yeah, it's better to just pretend this was the follow-up to Plastic Beach. Lonesome Street by itself is more worthy of the moniker than that whole record. Is Everyday Robots any good too, while I'm at it?
>>
>>74435608
I kind of get the feeling that Damon doesn't really want to do the Gorillaz thing, being as his other projects either seem more fully-formed or at the very least seem to be more enthusiastic and heartfelt, like Everyday Robots or Rocket Juice and the Moon were
>>
>>74435461
True
>>
>>74435651

I feel like the idea was explored on Humanz, it was just a shitty, misguided idea to begin with. Songs like Sleeping Powder show that Damon can still do this act some justice, he just needs to not shit the bed from square 1. I mean, he tried to convey an apocalyptic party inspired by Trump winning the presidency, yet at the same time wanted to draw in fresh blood acts that his daughter was listening to. The irreverence of Gorillaz is present, it's just not a good take on it this time around.
>>
>>74435867
Why the fuck did he follow his daughter music taste anyway?
>>
>>74435958

Because she's 17 so she's listening to what the kids are listening to.
>>
>>74436082
Kek, you're right. It makes sense.
>>
>>74435461
Think Tank is better than all gorillaz albums combined
>>
Quick question why does 13 sound the way it does
>>
>>74436167
How do you mean?
>>
>>74436201
I'm ignorant on how to properly describe it in musical terms but... it's louder than their previous works? Kinda fuzzy? Mind you, I still like it.
>>
>>74436266
they changed producers, from stephen street to william orbit
>>
>>74435442
Congrats, OP. You reached a new level of autism.
>>
File: graham_9596c.jpg (23KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
graham_9596c.jpg
23KB, 300x369px
>>74435461
Yes, because of pic related.
>>
>>74436424

Not really, Humanz was legitimately bad enough to pull an unrelated Albarn project in to be a better representation of Gorillaz. Like, fuck man, Humanz was really bad. Spectacularly so, even.
>>
I feel like he got baited by the producers and the whole trump idea was kinda of melodramatic and all the rappers did was shit all over every track. I like my Gorillaz with Damon and a splash of features not the other way around (or at least have the features be good established artists)
>>
>>74435442
i just pretend sleeping powder was a single and there was no album. what a shitshow.
>>
>>74436459
Hello Mr. Coxon, welcome to /mu/.
>>
>>74436459
True desu
Graham Coxon was what gave Blur the edge that tipped them over Gorillaz
>>
sleeping powder's nice. I like the Vince Staples song, it's interesting. That's about it for me though. I wasn't expecting much really, I feel like Plastic Beach was, musically, the last place they could go. That being said, I think that Gorillaz, but with today's popular rappers, could have worked if done right. It just wasn't.

Also what was the story in this? I've never really liked it to begin with because it's always felt like it gets in the way of the music, but I heard nothing of it this time around.
>>
>>74435867
I read so many complains about Damon trying to impress his daughter but none about the collabs, specifically what guest is out of place? I think they all fit their songs, Popcaan is weird tho and i cant stand Danny Brown's voice
>>
>>74438127
Official? EMI made them return from their redpectives adventures after PB an live together, then pull out a record.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.