[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When and why did Emo/Screamo become the laughing stalk of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 800px-Orchid_-_Stierch.jpg (78KB, 800x829px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Orchid_-_Stierch.jpg
78KB, 800x829px
When and why did Emo/Screamo become the laughing stalk of hardcore music
>>
>>74430677
HArdcore music is already the laughing stock of music. Why dig deeper to find the shit of shit?
>>
Once emo started getting further from its hardcore roots and closer to its indie rock roots, the genre got boring as fuck.

When screamo toned down the chaos and starting sounding more like post-hardcore, the interesting dynamics of the genre got lost as well.
>>
Since its conception. Rap is even worse, though.
>>
Almost immediately upon its inception. It just wasn't meant to last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k88clAcMa14
>>
>>74430677
orchid is the best hardcore punk band to ever exist though
>>
>>74430677
all indie rock recorded after 1997 is inferior to indie rock recorded prior to 1997
prove me wrong (hint: you can't)
>>
>>74430738
This

>>74430787
Damn I thought they were some sort of metal. I still love Minor Threat tho
>>
>>74430677
When? it was founded
Why? it's called Emo/Screamo
>>
>>74430677
when the dudes started being total knobs about it. it was just a fad among urban youth mid 2000's and when these bands went more indie, so did the youth and then hipsters were born. It's all bullshit
>>
when a bunch of popular metalcore acts started being branded by mtv and kids that didn't know anything as emo/screamo and it became weird to like any of that stuff
>>
>>74430787
i really wish that Chaos Is Me had a CD release
>>
>>74431278
wow i never knew that. at least you can buy it digitally i guess.
>>
>>74430781
what the fuck
>>
>>74430677
Honestly the emo genre doesnt exist
>>
File: Crabcore.gif (968KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
Crabcore.gif
968KB, 320x237px
>>74430781
>>
>>74431340
you can't snort drugs off a digital album
>>
when i used to go to shows I always hated those christian bands that would spew their nonsensical god fearing sermons and preach straight edge.

iduno about you guys, but i just wanna hear fast music and get wasted
>>
>>74431278
*blocks you are path*
https://www.discogs.com/Orchid-Dance-Tonight-Revolution-Tomorrow-Chaos-Is-Me/master/815075
>>
>>74431461
This
>>
>>74431631
>https://www.discogs.com/Orchid-Dance-Tonight-Revolution-Tomorrow-Chaos-Is-Me/master/815075
they ruined it with shitty album art
>>
It became a laughing stock when it got co-opted by pop punk and metalcore bands in the mid 00s. I thought everyone knew that. Dumb question.
>>
People confuse melodic metalcore with screamo and that certainly didn't help its image.
I went to school with a guy who would refer to Asking Alexandria as screamo.
>>
File: GG8lMH9QwgLm.jpg (28KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
GG8lMH9QwgLm.jpg
28KB, 360x240px
>>74431797
isn't there a reason this happened? i think many people (including me) enjoy both "emo" and pop-punk
>>
>>74432064
i think its cause emo-pop started to become a thing, like the get up kids, but bands that were worse, until it got to the point where the diluted emopop bands and the diluted pop punk bands got associated together and the rest is history
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.