[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album just rubs me the wrong way. Its not that they aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 6381710.png (162KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
6381710.png
162KB, 300x300px
This album just rubs me the wrong way.

Its not that they aren't playing their giturrrrs. In fact I appreciate the psychedelic instrumentation that pops up on many of these tracks. I'd like to say its too bright and optimistic, but thats not quite true because their are some down moments here as well.

A song like Race for the Prize really sums up what I don't like about this album: its just... so fucking precious. You just know the person that loves this album also loves In the Airplane Over the Sea. They're the subset of indie fans that are looking for quirky offbeat pop. You know, music you can feel special and unique for listening to but can also play quietly in the background when friends come over. "Different" but still pleasant and unobtrusive. After all, you can't listen to the Birthday Party while reading the New York Times on your fucking ipad!

Look if you like this AND like most everything else the Flaming Lips do, thats great, I'm glad you enjoy it. If you like the Flaming Lips in general and think this is their best album, I guess we can agree to disagree, But if you love this and haven't checked out their earlier albums or think Embryonic was a disappointment because "OMG WHERE ARE THE SONGS!?" then I want to attack your face with a cheese grater.
>>
It's still their best album no matter what.
>>
>>74429186
I feel the same way about the album too but what I really like is that you aren't being so judgmental of it like trying to tell people something like "hurr durr it's shit you plebs!" We need more breakdowns like this.
>>
>>74429186
>I'd like to say its too bright and optimistic,
>the whole album is depressing af
have you even heard it?
>>
Honestly, you're just not a good person if you dislike it
>>
When I was a teenager I used to listen to Bauhaus while doing work in the yard, so it's possible to use goth shit as background noise for other things
>>
>>74429186
I keep The Soft Bulletin around for the sole purpose of being able to play something around normies. Yoshimi works too.
>>
>>74429186
How is the soft bulletin a perfect album when it has "A Spoonful Weighs a ton" as the second track, don't try to defend that pleb shit? Thanks, but I'll stick with yoshimi
>>
>>74429186
Eh I agree, I don't dislike the album but it's far from my top 100.
>>
Either you are re-posting your own review from RYM, which is odd, or you're posting someone else's in order to prompt discussion, which is equally odd...
>>
>>74429186
Don't use RYM Copypastas on the greatest album of all time, you fucking worthless piece of trash.
>>
>>74429205
zaireeka is
>>
>>74429186
If you like this album AND like ITAOTS, neck yourself.
>>
>>74429186
it's weird to remember a time when twee music was cutting edge
>>
>>74429186
>Gatekeeping this hard
Wow KYS
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.