[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled What's the /mu/redict? Before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: HumanzGorillaz.png (178KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
HumanzGorillaz.png
178KB, 400x400px
Now that the dust has settled
What's the /mu/redict?
Before mentioning two scoops drumpf remember that Gorillaz music was always politically motivated
>>
shit and gay
>>
Best album of all time GOAT
>>
i liked it
>>
>>74425990
Bland and not good.
>>
It sounds decent until you listen to Demon Days, and you realize it's crap in comparison
>>
>>74426093
this

it's sort of offensively mediocre in itself, but so so much worse when compared to the rest the band did
>>
has a very tacky feeling to it
also very very mediocre
>>
>>74425990
A literal 0/10
>>
>>74425990
pretty okay, too long and some meh features
more damon and itd be easy 7 but as is its more like a 6.5
sleeping powder was really good, makes no sense to omit considering some of the songs that made it
>>
Saturnz Barz, Charger, and a few other songs are worthy of being on a best of compilation, but besides that it just feels rushed and empty. Coulda been a great EP but Damon packed it with filler.
>>
Haven't really wanted to listen to it since the week it came out. One of the most disappointing albums of recent memory
>>
>>74425990
Unironically 2/10 garbage.
>>
Definitely not their best work, but I enjoyed a few songs (Andromeda, Saturnz Barz, and Out of Body specifically). Could've used a LOT more Damon.
Sleeping Powder was good though.
>>
>>74425990
>/mu/redict
I don't know how you pronounce '/mu' to make that work.
>>
>>74425990
>implying people hate this album because of the politics and not just because it's a bland and boring album
>>
Horrendously mediocre, far below the bar expected of Gorillaz.

Even the Fall was better.
>>
>>74427038
They didn't omit Sleeping Powder. He wrote and recorded it after Humanz came out.
>>
Wasn't a Gorillaz album.

Andromeda, Saturnz Barz and Out Of Body are the only ones I still listen to.
>>
>>74425990
Critical mass of features. Add some more Damon on the tracks vocally and it would be a lot better. The production is actually pretty great and a lot of the tracks are groovy as fuck (Strobelite, Submission).
>>
This was the last good thing they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nOGy52xygY
>>
>>74425990
>NIGGUH
>NIGGUH
>SHAKE DAT ASS
>AYO FUCK DONALD TRUMP
>NIGGUH KILLA WHITE MAN
>[Jamaican autotune intensifies]
>wub wub wub wub wub
>>
File: 1473147553968.png (171KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473147553968.png
171KB, 640x480px
I hate to be a Fantano fag, but he hit the nail on the head with this one. Uninspired, bland, sometimes straight up bad, no interesting media presence, and the features were used so badly on just about every track. Everything that made Gorillaz interesting was thrown away.
>>
>>74425990
Political motivation and namedropping real political figures are two different things. There's absolutely no subtlety. There's no real narrative. The new videos are comically awfull. All these bad points and I haven't even begun to mention the actual music. I'm gonna miss gorillaz. Sad to see this die with such a pathetic whimper.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-07-13-37-37.png (903KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-07-13-37-37.png
903KB, 1280x720px
>>74425990
>>
>>74429345
yeah thats because it was more of a Plastic Beach thing
>>
>>74425990
And their music has always been overrated sophomoric shit with no actual substance
>>
Hate it in the beginning, after a couple of weeks i revisited it and realize its quite alright but again, compared with other albums is damon's weakest album.
>>
An obvious drop in quality but decent on its own. The best tracks on here are still better than the worst on demon days and plastic beach.
>>
>>74425990
Bloated with pointless interludes
The songs are mediocre st worse and good at best

I don't know why there's a special edition
I wish this album didn't exist because there were rumours going around that Bowie had recorded a collaboration with them before he died, after he saw a picture of Hunky Dory in the liner notes of PB. I'd rather live in hope
>>
>>74429345
The full version of Do Ya Thang was the best thing they've ever done.
>>
>>74429259
Out of body and ticker tape are the only 8/10
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.