[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is definitely the best Beach Boys album after Pet Sounds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: MI0003439583.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003439583.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
This is definitely the best Beach Boys album after Pet Sounds.

Favorite track?
>A Day in the Life of a Tree
>>
I don't care for it.
>>
That's not Smiley Smile

Anyways
>Title track
>>
>>74424733
I agree

Favorite track is Til I Die, with Surf's Up as a close second (although I prefer the Smile Sessions version)
>>
>>74424733
The title track to this is weird and wonderful. One of the most refreshing tracks in their entire discography.
>>
>>74424733
If you discount the Smile Sessions, I agree, and the fact that this is their second best album is frankly disappointing for the band that gave us Pet Sounds.

Favorite track?
It's Surf's Up, but the Smile Sessions version is better, so I'm going to say it's Til I Die.
>>
>>74424733
til i die is the best beach boys song
>>
>>74424733
This is a good opinion, especially about A Day In The Life Of A Tree. I prefer this album over Pet Sounds, but that's just personal preference.
>>
>>74424773
>>74424844
What is it about Smile Sessions that people REALLY like? I think it's a good album, not bad by any means, but it's still bettered by albums like Friends, Sunflower, and Surf's Up. To me it doesn't really have that replayability factor that those other albums have, but I want to know what makes it special to you. I guess I was let down in the sense that it's not really the grand long-awaited follow-up to Pet Sounds that I wanted, but I know other people are pleased with it.
>>
>>74425756
the modularity of it

you can construct Smile from segments they give to you however you like, and this for me is the whole greatness of Smile
>>
>>74425756
I don't know about what people REALLY like, but I enjoy Vegetables, Surf's Up and Good Vibrations more than any other song from their post-Pet Sounds albums.
Heroes And Villains, Cabin Essence, Wind Chimes are great too, and Our Prayer/Gee is one of the most fun ways I can think of to begin an album. Van Dyke's nonsensical lyrics are also pretty good for some variety. I don't know why but I feel nothing after Pet Sounds has the ambition we find on Smile Sessions, too.

Surf's Up is a very nice album, but I went in expecting some great follow-up to Pet Sounds or at least a darker album, based on the covers, so I was a bit disappointed. Also, songs like Disney Girls are not what I wanted from the band, if that makes any sense.

Though I just don't feel that it's very fair to compare the rest of their discography with Pet Sounds, honestly.
>>
>student demonstration time
i barf evrytime
>>
>>74426323
its a pretty cool song. dont know what people have against it. take a load off your feet is the track that needs the hate, so shit.
>>
>>74426352
shit taste m8
>>
>>74426238
Disney Girls kicks ass what're you talking about
>>
>>74426352
Take a Load off Your Feet is Al Jardine publicly admitting he has a foot fetish. Wtf.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.