[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i thought this would have leaked by now? i've been listening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

i thought this would have leaked by now? i've been listening to that lead single constantly since it dropped
>>
>>74418642
i've heard the single a few times and i couldn't get into it. i'm hoping the next single in a few days is better. queens singles have never been very good representations of the albums so i'm not too worried
>>
>>74417867
>>
Chiming in to say that the leak is absolutely shit quality. About 230-240 kbps but requires you to play it at a much higher volume than the rest of your library. Half of the album has skips, and at about the 3/4 mark, mid song, someone audibly cranks down the volume knob which makes the rest of the record even more muffled. You're going to want to wait a bit longer for a proper rip.
>>
>>74419469
So a shitty leak of Villains is likely to arrive this week?
>>
>>74419469
240 is tolerable. I would say shit is 192 or less.
>>
>>74419589
I would say so. Several people should have it. As some who prioritizes my interest in the band over "racing" to hear an album before others, I wish I probably should've stopped at that 3/4 point when the audio took a severe muffle. But I was in too deep by then.

When it leaks, you'll know if you have a decent rip or not because track 2 (The Way That You Used To) had audible hiccups and skips, like it's a Napster download. Pretty unnecessary considering a high quality MP3 of that song has been out for a month, but whatever. The overall volume will be a giveaway as well.
>>
>>74419727
Thnx for the info, we'll see which version leaks first and how soon it arrives
>>
>>74419727
Having heard it, how would you rank it among the other QotSA albums?
>>
I wouldn't mind a link even if it's shitty quality, please anon
>>
>>74420931
Everyone knew it was going to have a little more accessibility than anything else they've done, considering the producer alone. The single we have so far is probably the danciest, catchiest track on the album. That isn't to say other songs aren't comparably infectious or inductive of their own ear worms, but you can easily pick The Way That You Used To as the tailored single from the record, no doubt.

There are some experimental moments for sure, but it doesn't quite feel as much of a roller coaster as ...Like Clockwork does. For better or worse, the album chugs along at a steadier pace than ...LC, but at the cost of some of that dynamic. There are no swelling ballads or moments that are comprised of just piano and vocals. I personally think they did a fine job at maintaining a solid momentum of respectable energy throughout, without having it sound to samey or reliant on one gimmick.

As I mentioned the quality isn't great. And I only gave it one listen, and play to refrain from additional ones until a better leak surfaces. So I think it'd be really unfair of me to spout off with a proper ranking when I haven't even heard all of the finer nuances the record has to offer at a proper volume. But by proximity, I think it's more consistent than Era Vulgaris. More energetic than ...Like Clockwork. I don't feel comfortable comparing further back from than that because I feel like there's no point in drawing it next to something like SFTD, you know? Almost a different band at this point.

Some of the tracks feature really gritty, funky riffs and fancy rhthyms but you knew that based off the teasers so far. There's definitely a few "holy shit" moments that I do not want to spoil and cannot wait to hear with a proper copy. We'll see how it holds up with repeat listens but all things considered I was happy with my first listen.
>>
>>74421358
*too samey
Among many other typos. Tired and phone-posting, shame on me.
>>
>>74419469
The NIN leak had a literal fart sample. A great one. Thanks tront
>>
>>74421358
do the other members get to show off their chops or is it yet another josh homme solo record? does mike sing lead?
>>
>>74421358
How did you even go about getting access to the leak? IRC? Or somewhere else?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.