[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What quantity of psychological trauma would someone need to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What quantity of psychological trauma would someone need to have in order to enjoy this album?

This isn't actually a joke question as it is a broader question of Objectivity VS Subjectivity. If a musician releases an album that is universally panned and there is no semblance of underground cult following, but a range of 1000 people like or even love an album, do I have a right to call them braindead or would there be something wrong with MY position if I did so? What do we do when pragmatic scales of quality measurement are thrown out the window in favor of relativism?
>>
A perfect example of this social behavior is this thread

>>74418395
>>
>>74418435
This is one of my favourite albums of all time lmao. Sure, it's pretty jarring when you compare it to his previous stuff. But as someone who suffers with mental health problems this album is extremely relatable. The lyrics aren't clever or catchy or nice to listen to, but they are raw and straight to the point of what it's like to suffer from stuff like suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety and bipolar and I like that. Plus, I like Cudi's singing too so that helps. I guess you just need to be mentally fucked up or something. Hope this clears it up for ya
>>
>>74418584

Which leads me to believe there has to be some sort of split rating system where critics and magazine/websites review an album while adding some sort of an addendum to anyone who actually likes the album while giving their reasons why.

My problem is I can see the argument from both sides, if an album holds a potential merit of gaining a cult following, it would be reasonable to say that we wouldn't want it buried underneath reviews based on objective standards of "lyrics are tired and cliche", but at the same time we can't go off the deep end and lower base standards to accommodate these individuals and their peculiar taste when taking into account the broader population.
>>
If you look at /b/ there are some people who enjoy shoving metal rods into their dickholes.

Its similar to that
>>
>>74418689
I totally get why it got panned. Of course most Cudi fans and critics are obviously going to hate it. It's made for a certain niche. If I didn't suffer from the things he sings about on the album, i'd probably hate it too. It's not made for just listening to at any point. I bet if someone listened to it at a super low point in their life they would love it, or at least find a ton of stuff relatable. I doubt Cudi made it and thought to himself "This is gonna go over so well, all my fans are going to love this". He's already said that he made the album for himself and for people who are also going through things. He said in an interview that picking up a guitar and making this album was a vice to stop him from killing himself. I don't think it's fair to rate it like you would rate any other album. It's sad that people had to make such a big deal over. I hate saying this because it's cringey, but a lot of people probably didn't understand it. I don't mean the lyrics or the album in general. I mean a lot of people probably didn't undertsand Cudi's headspace while making it. They never will if they've never suffered from what he sings about on the album
>>
>>74418435

the title track of this is pretty fuckin decent... honestly a solid track. everything else is just terrible.
>>
>>74418435
Music?

https://youtu.be/1Mek7Z1XqJI

Yes.
>>
I honestly love this album
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.