[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the Rock genre need to do in order to be big in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What does the Rock genre need to do in order to be big in the mainstream again? Or is it just dead forever?
>>
It needs to start hitting a middle class to lower class demographic with big market infiltration, basically, and one that can be advertised as more than "white guys from somewhere in America/England" - whether nu-male-esque or full out cockrocking, it has to be something advertisable.
>>
>>74413613
it's not about what rock can do, it's just that the general populace is too degenerate
yes you heard that right, too degenerate for rock n roll
>>
More bands like Fozzy to fill the void left by the Seattle scene.
Also need more lyrical masterpieces rather than cut and paste mantras.
>>
Up the phoniness, over patriotism, and display of wealth by 1000%
>>
I mean there is enough drugs so I don't have any ideas
>>
File: why no worky.jpg (26KB, 720x711px) Image search: [Google]
why no worky.jpg
26KB, 720x711px
>>74413747
Holy shit, I've never thought about it that way, but you may be right. At least there was always the sense that these musicians sacrificed all other pursuits for perfection on their instruments. Now with technology, that's not even necessary. The bar for entry is impossibly low, and as a result the likelihood of transcendence is impossibly high. No kid has to spend hours every night for several weeks getting 20 seconds of a passage just right anymore when modern technology can just do it for you. Only the truly autistic (and therefore un-charismatic) have the drive to do that anymore.
>>
>>74413613
Rock isn't getting back to the top of the mountain anytime soon as long as Rap and RnB are still the big money makers. Until those wells run dry, Rock won't be making any sort of triumphant return in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>74413874
that's not what I was talking about but whatever
>>
needs more black people and heroin
>>
>>74413613
>What does the Rock genre need to do in order to be big in the mainstream again?
stop having 12 yrs olds like yourself whine about why it isn't mainstream.

none of u faggots start a band or if you do it sucks ass.

rock has no talent right now

>inb4 u post some random kid as proof while you don't do shit.
>>
>>74414063
>Bitches about 12 year olds
>Sounds like a 12 year old
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.