[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeing Swans tomorrow for the first time. I want to try and talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: michael-gira-michael-s.jpg (77KB, 460x538px) Image search: [Google]
michael-gira-michael-s.jpg
77KB, 460x538px
Seeing Swans tomorrow for the first time. I want to try and talk to Michael if he's selling shit at the end but i'm scared, what should i tell him?
>>
>>74411960
Tell him he's a bad man.
>>
>>74411960
HELLO MICHAEL, I REALLY LIKE YOUR MUSIC BUT MY EARS ARE RINGING RIGHT NOW
>>
LOUDER
>>
>>74411960
tell him I know he killed seth rich for sport
>>
>>74411960
tell him the band was quiet and they could do with making their shows louder
>>
So far I've wasted over 12 hours of listening time on SftB, and I still don't understand one bit on why is this record as great as many people say. At its best, it's long songs aiming to sound "epic" (Helpless Child, Animus, The Sound, The Final Sacrifice), each failing to do so. In fact, Helpless Child and The Sound are so similar to each other that they sound like variations on one theme. At its worst, it's random sounds thrown together seemingly for the sole purpose of throwing random sounds together. Rarely that works (I Was a Prisoner in Your Skull), but the absolute majority of the album's runtime it doesn't, and that makes it look like most of the album is just filler "creepy" soundscapes.

And then there's Jarboe trying to sound as scary/serial killer-y as possible, which also just doesn't work. I have no idea why would Gira decide that it was a good idea to break the somewhat transcendent triad of Helpless Child/Live Through Me/The Beautiful Days (which is probably the best part of the record) with a bad live recording of Yum-Yab Killers, and that's a rather awful song by itself. This kind of clashing is all over the place on Soundtracks: after the crushing thud of The Sound and the dark collage Her Mouth Is Filled With Honey, we are met with a fucking cheery instrumental named Bloodsection. I don't care if it was done on purpose or not, that kind of stuff breaks all the mood that the other songs are trying to sustain.

You know, I was hoping that it would grow on me, so I didn't rate Soundtracks until I've listened to it at least 5 times in full, but at this point I don't really have any desire to listen to it more. It feels I'm desperately trying to see something that just isn't there, like a color outside of my visible spectrum, or a sound above my hearing frequency limit. I know this opinion is extremely unpopular for this site, so hell, if you love it -- please tell me why.
>>
if you dont have much to say, just tell him you enjoyed the show and maybe get something signed by him, then shake hands if you want, speaking from experience
>>
File: lies.png (212KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
lies.png
212KB, 819x460px
>>74411960
>>
>>74411960
he's genuinely quite nice and appreciative of the fans, don't hog his time or anything but he happily signs shit and speaks a bit
>>
>>74411960
When I saw him I just got him to sign my copy of deliquescence, shook his hand, told him I loved his work and wandered off. He's really not as intimidating off stage as he is when he's screaming and shit on stage
>>
>>74411960
Took a picture with him, he's pretty cool offstage
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.