[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"[Twin Infinitives] was a sort of Trout Mask Replica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>"[Twin Infinitives] was a sort of Trout Mask Replica for the grunge generation"
>9/10
>#8 on the best rock albums of all time list

is he right?
>>
>>74408570
Yes Scruffy is right about everything
>>
>>74408570
I love royal trux but twin infinitives is not even their best
>>
>>74408689
What is?
>>
>>74408570

The only Scarufficore I can't get into at all. Literally just random noises.
>>
>>74408741
Both of their s/t + accelerator are all better in my opinion
>>
i think it's probably their best. even to this day there isn't any album out there that sounds quite like it. i used to listen to this album once a day when i was feeling really depressed, just because it was the only sonic experience that was, i dunno, grimey enough? gross?

it's good.
>>
File: _39549208_sooty203.gif (24KB, 203x152px) Image search: [Google]
_39549208_sooty203.gif
24KB, 203x152px
>>74408570
I've only got Royal Trux-Royal Trux and Hand of Glory

I better get it to complete the trilogy
>>
>>74408780
Cool, I'll check those out, thanks.
>>
>>74408788
plus, ruff's line on "completely deconstructing the genre while still staying 'rock'" i feel is pretty dead-on. for all the incoherence and random noise, it's still undeniably is a rock album. it's just rock for a generation of fucked up druggies.
>>
>>74408741
Cats and Dogs is my favorite, Sweet Sixteen is probably their most underrated
>>
This album is complete garbage. An embarrassing attempt at being avant-garde by pseudo-musicians.
>>
>>74408881
>it's just rock for a generation of fucked up druggies.

To I have to be a drug addict to understand the album? I've only smoked pot in high school and that's the only drugs I've done and I hate the album.
>>
>>74409980
Coward. Don't even smoke crack...
>>
>>74409920
the point is that this album is supposed to trick you into thinking that, when in reality it's not

it's real pleb filter, pleb
>>
>>74409980
it's got that spirit, but you don't have to be a druggie to enjoy it.

i like it because of how legitimately creative some of the sound-collages are.
>>
>>74409115

Scaruffi calls Cats And Dogs their "sellout album" lol
>>
>>74409980
if you listen to enough music made by drugged junkies you eventually know exactly what every drug is like and only after you have acquired such dependencies to every substance in this way but then detox cold turkey will you begin to comprehend twin infinitives
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.