[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: post artists you really want to like but just can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: grimes.jpg (75KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
75KB, 640x427px
ITT: post artists you really want to like but just can't manage it

>pic unironically related
>>
>>74406213
Fucking gross, does she really have all those tattoos?
>>
>>74406213
>really wants to like Grimes
Sucks to be you.
>>
>>74406213
Expert in Grimes music here. Before continuing I need to know 3 things:
1. What music do you like? Post names.
2. What did you listen so far from her discography?
3. Why do you really want to get into her music?
>>
Swans. I've tried all their albums so many times. But I just find them so boring and dull, especially their stuff that's supposed to be aggressive. It doesn't feel visceral or powerful at all to me. It's not even like I listen to a lot of abrasive stuff.
>>
>>74407029
1. well i like lots of different styles of music but the ones that are similair to grimes are, i guess, bjork, fka twigs, chvrches, janelle monae and an assortment of vapourwave
2. art angels and visions
3. i've just been recommended it so many times, and i really like the odd trach from her but i just can't find the appeal in the rest of what i've heard
>>
>>74407088
same senpai, there's a couple (children of god and the seer) that i don't mind but i just don't see any of what people say is so great about them
>>
>>74407164
>1. well i like lots of different styles of music but the ones that are similair to grimes are, i guess, bjork, fka twigs, chvrches, janelle monae and an assortment of vapourwave
Good selection. I can see many Grimes fans liking these artists too. Theoretically you should like Grimes by now.

>2. art angels and visions
How many times did you listen to them? You have 2 more albums and one EP to listen to: Geidi Primes, Halfaxa, Darkbloom. They're less pop and more experimental. Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y

>3. i've just been recommended it so many times, and i really like the odd trach from her but i just can't find the appeal in the rest of what i've heard
Personally, I found her music to be hard to get into - except the obvious singles. Don't force it, just listen to some of her songs randomly until you get used to her style. Maybe one day you'll realize that you love her music. That thing happened to me: from almost indifference towards her music to big passion.
>>
>>74407164
BTW what do you dislike about her music? If it's her voice you could get into it, I'm sure of that. Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
>>
>>74407607
>How many times did you listen to them
listened to art angels quite a few times and with the exception of a couple of tracks it just seems like a reasonably straightforward synthpop album
>>74407652
there's nothing i dislike about it, it just doesn't stand out to me as anything special in any way
>>
>>74407673
you're dedicated i'll give you that
>>
>>74407670
You might just not like grimes, it's okay anon.
I'd just put visions on while you do some work or something and see if you're feeling it after a while
>>
>>74407670
>listened to art angels quite a few times and with the exception of a couple of tracks it just seems like a reasonably straightforward synthpop album
But you said you liked Chvrches. They're more accessible compared to Grimes. If you like synthy music better focus on Visions, her most electronic album.
>there's nothing i dislike about it, it just doesn't stand out to me as anything special in any way
It's ok if you're not impressed by her music. Everyone has a different taste. I remember the day I really got into her music: I was in a bad mood and I listened to Visions late at night on headphones. It was such a relaxing listening session. When the final reverberating beats of Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U) faded away I was already blown away. All my troubles disappeared from my mind. At least for a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
>>
are you happy?
>>
>>74408365
content and fully aware
>>
HAY PIG
HAY PIGGE FUCKING PIG
>>
>>74408224
to be fair i started listening to chvrches like 5 years ago when i was much less picky about music, so theres partly a nostalgia element i guess, ive listened to a lot more synthpop since then so i know more about it and the grimes ive heard just doesnt impress me much. I guess ill just try again and listen to her first two albums
>>
YOU OWN ME

YOU OWN ME

YOU OWN ME

YOU OWN ME

YOU OWN ME

PUT YOUR HEAD ON THE GROUND
PUR YOUR HEAD ON THE GROUND
PUT YOUR HEAD ON THE GROUND
THIS FEELS GOOD

THIS FEELS GOOD

THIS FEELS GOOD

OPEN YOUR MOUTH
HERE'S YOUR MONEY

OPEN YOUR MOUTH

HERE'S YOUR MONEY

HERE'S YOUR MONEY

HERE'S YOUR MONEY

HERE'S YOUR MONEY

THIS FEELS GOOD

THIS FEELS GOOD

YOU'RE DEFORMED!

YOU'RE DEFORMED!

YOU OWN ME

YOU OWN ME

I WORSHIP
>>
YOUR ATHORITY

YOUR ATHORITY

YOUR ATHORITY

YOUR ATHORITY

YOUR ATHORITY

PUSH YOUR ASS UP PUSH YOUR ASS US
PUSH YOUR ASS UP PUSH YOUR ASS US
PUT YOUR HEAD ON THE GROUND PUT YOUR HEAD ON THE GROUND

THIS FEELS GOOD
THIS FEELS GOOD

OPEN YOUR MOUTH
OPEN YOUR MOUTH
OPEN YOUR MOUTH
OPEN YOUR MOUTH

THIS FEELS GOOD
>>
HOLY

HOLY QUACAMOLE

TOOL IS NOT SHIT BAND

I FEEL GOOD
I FEEL FINE
>>
>>74408635
>ive listened to a lot more synthpop since then so i know more about it and the grimes ive heard just doesnt impress me much
She's one of the best synthpop artists out there. I know this genre very, very well.
>>
>>74408720
OWN ME
OWN ME
OWN ME
OWN ME
OWN Me

OWN ME
OWN ME
OWN ME
OWN ME
OWN ME
OWN . ME
OWN ME
OWN ME
OWN ME

YOU OWN ME
YOU OWN ME
YOU OWN ME
YOU OWN ME
YOU OWN Me

YOU OWN ME
YOU OWN ME
YOU OWN ME
YOU OWN ME

I WORSHIP

WORSHIP
>>
>>74407088
yes and also nice digits you got there
>>
>Death Grips
>MF DOOM
>The Misfits
>The Ramones
>Kanye
>Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
>>74408720
Daddy Gira?
>>
>>74411268
It's just my daily life for about 20 months straight aha AHA G AGA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHQHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.