[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf this is the best thing they ever did why haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: An_ideal_for_living.jpg (59KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
An_ideal_for_living.jpg
59KB, 400x400px
wtf this is the best thing they ever did why haven't anyone told me
>>
because it's not the best thing they ever did. you're thinking of Closer
>>
>>74405845
/thread
>>
Because you're just like >>74405845 >>74405852 who can't form themselves of a opinion.

>>74405845
>>74405852
t. second month on /mu/
>>
>>74405496
Because it isn't
>>
>>74405496
it's literally compiled in Substance album
>>
>>74406496
fuck you faggot closer is the best album.
>>
>>74405496
>Uh, don't mind me. I'm just the Joy Division album that could have been and never was.
Seriously. This goddamn song is so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1P_MH8vJg
>>
>>74405496
can someone photoshop soulja boy's head on this pic and change the writing so it says soulja boy?
thanks
>>
File: 1499189408662.jpg (682KB, 1075x1583px) Image search: [Google]
1499189408662.jpg
682KB, 1075x1583px
>>74406665
>>
>>74406633
>but /mu/ says so in every Unknown Pleasures thread!

No, it's better because Unknown Pleasure looks nice next to the Ramones and Misfits t-shirts at Hot Topic. Don't worry, you'll venture into their live works and then shit on Closer fans and everyone else soon enough :^)
>>
>>74405496
you just like it because of the nazi cover OP
>>
>>74406795
>Looks nice next to the Ramones and Misfits t-shirt at hot topic.

Woooo..wait a second doc.
Nobody more than me would like to hang those poser basterds by their nipples...but that's no good reason to consider closer higher than unknown pleasure. I always considered them two different genre albums: one focuses on post punk and new wave; the other one focuses more on the dark side (no relation).
If I should choose, for example, I would definitely go for unknown, cause I couldn't live withouth disorder. And before you ask, yes, not even colony or heart and soul can beat that.
>>
>>74406941
>Nobody more than me would like to hang those poser basterds by their nipples

Still seems you're in an earlier stage of life. You'll get over it and purchase another shirt down the road. But, yea UP seemed a bit more of a mixed bag of tone and emotion whereas Closer seemed consistent (in terms of "goth" or whatever). The Chameleons (also from Manchester) have more or less the same deal with their first two albums (and they do have their own Substance compilation too!) and it's an absolute shame we never got a Strange Times by Joy Division (as presented by >>74406635). Sorry to shoehorn the Chameleons though.
Still great music but every fucking UP thread here always has to be shit up by more than one people just stating "Closer is better" with zero argument which can remind me of insecure contrarians who just "totally, just, like rediscovered music again" for like the 9th or 10th time in their life who wastes way too much time on /mu/ and zero time writing songs.
>>
File: soulja.png (586KB, 1020x1018px) Image search: [Google]
soulja.png
586KB, 1020x1018px
>>74406665
i already had this done
>>
>>74407189
>>74406795
I liked Closer more before ever going on /mu/.
>>
>>74407189
I'd like to have a coffee with you one day, sir. We have plenty to discuss.
I posted caressing the marble and stone btw. It was I, all along.

>more than one people just stating "Closer is better" with zero argument

Yep. I never understood that. Not saying it's an ugly album, far from that. But just implying is better doesn't make it so.
There are so many good etherogenic albums, even in the post punk/darkwave area. The Sky's Gone Out, Head Over Heels, Seventeen Seconds, Script of the Bridge, as you said...
Closer is more of a concept album.
>>
File: hypparadox.jpg (45KB, 305x457px) Image search: [Google]
hypparadox.jpg
45KB, 305x457px
>>74407299
That's perfectly legit.
May I ask why?
>>
>>74405496
It is and these fags are too bland to accept it
>>
>>74407624
>>74406941
kill yourselves, you stupid contrarian hipster faggots

>le i'm too cool to like closer xDDD despite it being an artistic masterpiece and one of the best albums of the 80s, it reminds me too much of mainstream jd fans who wear tshirts so i'm gonna pretend to like their mediocre pub-rock material from when they could barely even play guitar XDDDD
>>
>>74406635
Hey, this actiually is good! I must admit, I found both studio albums thoroughly underwhelming - too bad the dude hung himself before releasing an actual good album.
>>
File: schwarzy.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
schwarzy.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>74407678
>Artistic masterpiece
It is. But Unknown Pleasure is more variegate.
>mediocre pub-rock material
You're joking now, are you. The music structure of some songs in UP is groundbreaking. They were bringing punk to another level, focusing on the damage of society on the individual.
>stupid contrarian hipster faggotsxDDD
You mad, brah? You so mad you forgot to make a good statement about WHY Closer is better! Calm down, will ya?
>>
>>74407829
>an actual good album
Easy now
>>
>>74405496
Don't be a contrarian faggot.
Closer=UP>Substance>Still>Ideal for a Living>Les Bains Douche>BBC session>Warsaw>Preston 28 february 1980
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.