[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THERE'S NO ONE IN TOWN AND I KNOW YOU GAVE US SOME PLACE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Bleedamerican.jpg (99KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
Bleedamerican.jpg
99KB, 325x325px
THERE'S NO ONE IN TOWN AND I KNOW YOU GAVE US SOME PLACE TO GO I NEVER SAID THANK YOU FOR THAT THOUGHT I MIGHT GET ONE MORE CHANCE MAY ANGELS LEAD YOU IN :(
>>
SALT SWEAT
SUGAR ON THE ASHPALT
>>
>>74404191
I remember when this album came out bleed American was the single and got played a lot then 9/11 happened and they had to start calling the song title just bleed. Americana butblasted lmao.
>>
>>74404187
>Im on my feet; Im on the floor; Im good to go
>So come on baby, sing me somethin' that I know
>>
>>74404224
>got played a lot then 9/11 happened

the single was released after 9/11, not before.
>>
>>74404395
He probably thinks 9/11 happened on November 9th
>>
>>74404395
Sheeeeeeit well what ever. I remember them saying on the radio we can't call the song bleed American were going to call it just bleed out of respect for stupid dead Americans who got exactly what they deserve for starting wars with people they have no reason to be interested in.
>>
>>74404546
Lmao wtf

Bleed Americanis the fourth studio album by AmericanrockbandJimmy Eat World. It was released on July 24, 2001 byDreamWorks Records. It was the first recording launched after signing the band a few months prior. The album was re-released asJimmy Eat Worldafter theSeptember 11 attackson New York and Washington, D.C. that took place a month after its initial release
>>
>>74404602
JEW did 9/11
>>
IF YOU'RE LISTENING
WOAHOHOHOHOHOH
>>
>>74404602
>a month after its initial release
9/11 took place in August now?
>>
Clarity was such a patrician album. What went wrong after that? People say that Bleed American and Futures are their last good albums but I'm having a hard time understanding why.
>>
>>74404737
Bleed American was last good album.
>>
>>74404645
Y'all are gay I got warned for making a JEW pun.
>>
>>74404737
>What went wrong?
Nu-metal and "extreme" culture at the end of the 90's leading into the rise of pop punk and pop emo.
Clarity was on the whole too slow to have a big impact during these times, while the album is as close to perfect as they get.
They ramped things up for Bleed American, making it harder, the production is more radio friendly and the songwriting is poppier.

It's still a decent record, but it's not nearly as cohesive as Clarity, and they couldn't/didn't play around with song structure as much, and unlike Clarity, the album gets considerably weaker in the second half. The title track and especially Sweetness are killer, might give an insight on how Clarity would've sounded if it was written a couple of years later, and while I do not care for The Middle at all, it was their biggest success, it's catchy, and it especially helped to pave the way for the pop emo breakthrough after 9/11.

Futures was the logical continuation of Bleed American, it's basically the same record, just weaker in pretty much every aspect. Really. Compare both title track with each other and you can see what I'm talking about - Futures is just a optimistic version of Bleed American (the tracks, now), it just doesn't rock as hard or is nearly as catchy as Bleed American, even though the riffs and figures they use are very similar. Work, for example... the song wouldn't be out of place in the slightest bit on Bleed American, but sadly, it would be in the weaker second half.
>>
>>74404737
>>74405965
It's still good enough in my view, though I can see why people would already dislike Futures compared to the stuff from before - 23, an absolutely epic track, works as the antithesis to American Idiot from Green Day (which was THE defining album when Futures released), and there we get to the point about how Jimmy Eat World failed.
It offers two approaches to the 2004 era emo, one from a punk band, one from a legit emo band, both focussed on radio success in their albums - but both do have their ambitious epic tracks that sound completely different though. And Futures lost that fight, so to say. This scene was up to be taken by Green Day, My Chemical Romance - bands like these.
Chase The Light was trying to sound similar - in 2007, right about when this wave was dying, it didn't come close, and by now, they were getting old especially for the type of music they were having success with.

It's the shortest version I can give of that story.

Oh, and PS: Honestly, after the emo revival wave in the last couple of years - I wouldn't mind a grown up emo album (is there a such thing?) from a band like Jimmy Eat World. Basically them having grown up from Clarity and having a family and a normal job for 20 years, and you go up to your memory box and look at old pictures and think about that time with the distance you've aquired. It wouldn't be as direct or emotional as Clarity, but it would make for an interesting experience.

PPS: Fuck post length limits
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.