[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to enjoy this if I really only like classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2418.jpg (52KB, 293x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2418.jpg
52KB, 293x300px
How am I supposed to enjoy this if I really only like classic rock and metal? I've listened to it several times and I don't like at all? What do I do?
>>
listen to something else
>>
just don't. you should skip all the indie bullshit and start listening to real folk, blues, jazz/avant garde jazz, and funk. also stop listening to metal. you'll thank me later
>>
>>74397631
Why should I listen to things solely for the approval of others? Why not keep listening to metal because I genuinely enjoy it?
>>
>>74397648
because there's better stuff out there. i said the same thing when i was listening to garbage like weezer and wilco. you'll get stuck in your ways. there's never been a single metal/classic rock band or song that could ever touch the sheer emotion or creativity in any john lee hooker song
>>
>>74397761
can you tell me how to quantify sheer emotion? how is x by john lee hooker more emotional than two headed boy pt 2?
>>
You won't enjoy it. Based on the stuff you like, you appreciate more interesting structures that always offer the listener something new, which isn't something this band does.
>>
>>74397591
I don't blame you. Don't listen to the hipsters who say to listen to jazz and folk if you don't want to. I like pop punk and alt rock so I get destroyed here but I like what I want to like.
>>
>>74397648
Different anon, but part of listening to music is challenging yourself. You shouldn't rely on having other's opinions as being a blueprint for your own, this is something I do far too much myself, but always pushing your musical interests is important.
>>
>>74397779
Sheer emotion isn't the root of what makes music good. You can have someone be vividly emotional with shit music but in the end it's still shit
>>
>>74397761
>weezer
>garbage

What?
>>
>>74397591
>How am I supposed to enjoy this if I really only like classic rock and metal
I too comes from a rock and metal background. I can say for sure you won't ever enjoy it. Because it's pure shit.
>>
>>74397591
So I guess the cool contrarian opinion is to hate this now? It's not one of my favorite albums but it stands out amidst other ones from that time for me as pretty unique. Especially when you consider how many great records came out in '97 too.
>>
File: 1490939803791.gif (2MB, 389x292px) Image search: [Google]
1490939803791.gif
2MB, 389x292px
>>74398159

This is /mu/

can't like anything. everything is shit. everything is overrated

i like weezer too buddy.
>>
>>74398348/
I thought it was from 1998. Was it released earlier Have to agree about 1997 being a great year, though.
>>
>>74397911
Why are you here if you're not expanding your taste in order to discuss likable music?

>>74398159
>>74399258
I was a Reddiohead fag for two years and Weezer has always made me want to vomit. Their sound is honestly fucking disgusting.
>>
File: 1410394236216.jpg (34KB, 528x396px) Image search: [Google]
1410394236216.jpg
34KB, 528x396px
>>74400179

>reddiohead
>want to vomit

shit like this is why i don't take /mu/ very seriously.
>>
You don't have to like it. I think people should respect music they don't like if they can recognize that it has quality, but you can do that without wanting to listen to it.
>>
>>74400282
Dude you're actually fuckin rad as hell can I have ur kik so we can trade dick pickies
>>
>>74397591
>Only liking one or two genres
>Not trying to expose yourself to new and challenging art

My man, please at least try and make an effort. We can't listen to music for you.
>>
>>74400742

sure.
my kik is : (you)
>>
Because you simply don't enjoy it. Don't listen to music for the sake of fashion OP. 70% of this board doesn't realize this. I like Pop Punk and I like Britpop. People will call me a fag but I don't care and neither should you. Don't listen to the tard who told you jazz is more emotional than metal because that shit is purely subjective which is also something this board fails to realize.
>>
>>74397591
Seriously? Here you go:

1. Keep listening
2. Accept that the album is good somehow
3. Keep trying to appreciate it from different perspectives "is the instrumentation good?" "Atmosphere?" "The singer sucks, but does he suck on purpose? Why?"
4. Find one song that sucks slightly less, use that one as guide to the others.

You could pick better stuff to go through that process for though
>>
>>74397591
I didn't like it at first, eventually one of the songs came up in a playlist randomly and I enjoyed it. I have the album another listen and I liked it.

But if you don't like it, doesn't listen to it. It's music it's supposed to be fun. If you like metal enjoy metal.
>>
>>74397648
because you need to be a poser faggot like anon
>>
so far i only like 2 headedboy. i think i woke up with it in my head one day. Ive only listened to the album a handful of times so far. I've got better things to do than listen to the same album 9000 times over to just figure out if i like it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.