[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did your parents prohibit you from listening to certain music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Did your parents prohibit you from listening to certain music when you were a kid?
>>
>>74385053
Explicit songs
>>
>>74385053
Yeah, most forms of rap music, especially Eminem.
>>
>>74385053
They haven't said anything but I'm sure they wouldn't like it. I keep it to myself and my friends, at least the more explicit stuff
>>
>>74385097
Yeah for some reason there was some huge moral panic over Eminem around 1999-2002. It was just Eminem too, not even all rap music.
>>
>>74385158
Because he was rapping about homosexuals and Vicodin instead of blunts bitches and big screen tv's
>>
>>74385158
>Yeah for some reason there was some huge moral panic over Eminem around 1999-2002
eminem and ICP was middle america's introduction to hardcore rap
>>
Mother took away my eminem albums after listening to them.

Still let me listen to Slayer though for whatever reason.
>>
>>74385053
Eminem and some bands that cursed too much. I had to buy the clean versions of Blink 182s s/t and Beastie Boys To The 5 Boroughs in '04 when at Tower records with my dad. Couple times I got away with it because you would put your thumb over the PMRC label when you showed it to them.
>>
>>74386297
>Still let me listen to Slayer though for whatever reason.
probably because thrash metal doesn't convince kids to shoplift and drop out of school
>>
>>74386330
It did for me.
>>
>>74385053
They did until i was 13 and after that they just let me listen to what wanted.
>>
Heavy metal, mostly. They weren't big on hip hop and electronic either, or anything loud. My dad listens to post-punk and synthpop (also synthpunk, I did find Are We Not Men? laying around a while ago), my mom listens to R&B and pretends to like jazz.

I ended up liking post-hardcore and prog in the end.
>>
Only nigger music but I never liked it(because I'm not braindead)
>>
>>74386314
The trick was to go to Best Buy. They didn't carry censored versions of albums.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.