[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start with PJ Harvey? I've heard some tracks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: xc5l3cvJ.jpg (42KB, 478x476px) Image search: [Google]
xc5l3cvJ.jpg
42KB, 478x476px
Where do I start with PJ Harvey? I've heard some tracks I like a lot but which albums are essential (as a jumping off point).
>>
4-Track Demos
I'm sure there's some fancy chart floating around too
>>
For her startup grungy material.

Dry
Rid of Me

And for her best album otherwise.

Stories from the City Stories From the Sea
>>
>>74384452
to bring you my love or stories from the city, stories from the sea are probably your best bet as a starting point
>>
>>74385478
idk anon i started with rid of me and i don't think i appreciated it as much until after i heard some of her later albums
>>
>>74385478
Yeah those two albums sound amazing played loud on a decent system. Based Albino
>>
>>74384452
Let England Shake

Then her 90's stuff.
>>
y is she so hot
>>
>>74384452
The Camp :^)
>>
>>74385726
Cuz she looks like Nick Cave.
>>
>>74384452
>If you're more into punk aesthetic and energy then start with Dry and Rid of Me
>If you're more into melody but with a bit of raw vocals then start with To Bring You My Love or Uh Huh Her
>If you're into catchy melodies then start with Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea
>If you're into electronic/trip-hop then start with Is This Desire?
>If you're into a minimalistic piano aesthetic then start with White Chalk
>I you're more into folkish stuff then start with Let England Shake and The Hope Six Demolition Project
>>
>>74385507
If you don't get Rid of Me, then try Dry. That's the only album that's gonna lead into Rid of Me. Everything else heads in drastic different directions.

But what's not to get about Rid of Me? If you like 90s alternative you won't find any females with the guff that PJ has.
>>
the latest hope six demolition project is really good
>>
>>74385829
Nah PJ has a chin.
>>
File: C9YJ6DkVYAIpXnZ.jpg (149KB, 1051x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C9YJ6DkVYAIpXnZ.jpg
149KB, 1051x1200px
i suggest you just skip her and move on to choa
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.