[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chris Ott just reuploaded all the Shallow Rewards vlogs to h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (197KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197KB, 1280x720px
Chris Ott just reuploaded all the Shallow Rewards vlogs to his channel
>https://www.youtube.com/user/shallowrewards/videos
comeback imminent?
>>
>>74378198
Damn...
>>
>>74378198
I hope so, the Shallow Rewards videos are incredibly insightful
They should be essential viewing for anyone getting into indie music
>>
>>74378198
I really like this dude. Hope he starts makin new stuff soon
>>
He actually did it the absolute madman
I loved his stuff, way better than all the recent video music essay youtube channels that have been appearing recently, Ott actually knows his stuff
>>
>>74378521
he actually has a perspective and real-world experience unlike the Fantano-head shutins
>>
2018 will be the year Chris singlehandily saves indie
>>
He's a douchebag with no self-respect but I hope he makes more videos.
>>
>>74378198
bump
>>
wonder if he's still tailing Grimes after all these years
>>
>>74378198
This lame nerd thinks Swirlies are better than Medicine I can't respect that opinion at all.
>>
>>74378198
fuck i hope so, he has the greatest music essay/retrospective videos out there.
>>
His twitter has been hijacked right?
>>
He'll be taking them off for attention again in a month or two
>>
Love those videos. I hope he makes more.
>>
>>74380074

Swirlies are better than Medicine tho
>>
>>74381365
I wish it had been. I used to really respect his knowledge and passion but it appears he's a crotchety old right winger now if his followed accounts aren't ironic.
>>
>>74381365
yes, by some obsessed hipinion boarder. before this, his only port of contact with the outside world was his mailing list which he rarely updated.
>>
90K WITH BENNIES

MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THIS
>>
>>74383112
He sent out a tinyletter saying someone took up the account name after he deleted his twitter.
>>
is his twitter account fake?
i know he deleted a while ago
but it's back
and it's
uhh
"different"
>>
>>74385254
read the thread
>>
>>74378198
>turd talks to himself in front of a camera and uploads it to the internet
lultz stupid fucks you watch shit like this ha ha haa I got pussy to fuck see ya
>>
>>74378198
which is the one where he BTFO basinski? it was kino
>>
>>74385516
The Disintegration L0.0ps
>>
>>74378198
I'm pissed that the Bruno Mars one got taken for copyright. I've been wanting to re-watch that one. It hasn't been available for years
>>
>>74385566
there's a mega or zippy link with audio versions of every original video that chris himself posted on twitter before deleting. check archives and if u can't find it i'll try to remember to post it from my ex-hd later~
>>
>>74385493
okay virgin
>>
>>74385493
shut up chris
>>
>>74385516
getting butthurt over Basinski's inspiration for the disintegration loops has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard from Ott though
>>
>>74387511
That's why it was so kino though
>>
>>74387511
He made the disintegration loops BEFORE 9/11, so he was just hijacking the connection for marketing
>>
>>74385566
http://www.shallowrewards.org/podcast/bruno-mars-calls-the-police/

was there a video for it?
>>
>>74378632
Pretty much this. HIs videos are great. Some of the stuff he says is pretty stupid (like that every band in the PNW in the 80s that wasn't Nirvana was wannabe funk, jam-band bullshit), but for the most part, he' more knowledgeable than pretty much every other prominent music youtuber. He has much more background and firsthand knowledge of his subjects, and it really shows.
>>
>>74387625
Oh thanks I'll give it a listen. Yeah the video keeps getting content ID'ed though
>>
>>74387639
>(like that every band in the PNW in the 80s that wasn't Nirvana was wannabe funk, jam-band bullshit)

He wasn't talking about all the bands that weren't Nirvana, he was talking about Mother Love Bone and Green River. And he was pretty right.
Mother Love Gone was a full-on cock rock band. Green River was cock rock in the clothes of a raw garage band. I'm saying that as someone who loves Mudhoney.
>>
SOME OF THEM WERE LISTENING TO WHAM!>>74387697
>>
>>74387697
I just rewatched the relevant part of the video. He was talking about how everyone hopped on the grunge bandwagon and plays a clip of STP, then says:

>Pearl Jam, I know Pearl Jam was already a band... Green River, Mother Love Bone and all that fucking crap. That was fucking hair metal, funk metal bulllshit... those were fucking funk metal jam bands.

And then a bunch of other stuff about how Pearl Jam (I assume) was a hair metal, hippie, stoner jam band. SO I misremembered and he seems to mostly be talking about Peal Jam, but he's still wrong. Mother Love Bone was pretty glam-ish, but they weren't funk metal, or a jam band, and their glam-y side was more like T. Rex than Poison. Green River as more of a punk band than anything else. Pearl Jam was more of a classic rock oriented band than anything else. I don't really know where the funk metal jam band criticism is coming from. I understand the point he's trying to make (that Nirvana were different from Pearl Jam), but he's doing it in a stupid, somewhat inaccurate way, and the way he's talking about it makes it pretty obvious he doesn't know anything about the history of the 1980s Seattle music scene.
>>
>>74379988
story?
>>
>>74378198
bogpill me on Chris Ott
>>
>>74384519
whips, right?
>>
>>74387887
this is your brain on rym
>>
>>74388478
>like a record
>whenever I talk about it get called a RYM skinhead

Fuck this board.
>>
File: IMG_20170804_114123.jpg (51KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170804_114123.jpg
51KB, 750x563px
>>74387887
Wow, can you name drop some more genres?
>>
>>74385516
>>74385535
>>74387564
He was wrong about it because his whole argument ignored the actual point of the album, which is the gradual destruction of a piece of tape. The 9/11 connection only matters so much.
>>
Hes one of the only music critics with an actual spine I'll give him that
>>
File: 1497410665999.jpg (8KB, 528x544px) Image search: [Google]
1497410665999.jpg
8KB, 528x544px
what other video is good besides exploding boy/kurt cobain? serious question
>>
>>74389506
All of them are great.

Psalm 285 and the multi-part pieces on Duran Duran and Culture Club are my favorites.
>>
What topics do you want to see him tackle?
>>
>>74389572
Awhile ago when he had an ask.fm i asked him if he preferred Tommy or Quadrophenia, he said it would make a great Shallow Rewards episode, so that.
>>
>>74389572
the weird frontier
>>
>>74389572
I thought the kurt cobain one was pretty spot on personally. the part about how addicts are so full of shit and its bad how the media tries to glorify it. so not good for kids in bands who form identity around maybe dabbling with heroin and then boom theyre addicts... dunno but I just didn't care about some of this other industry stuff
>>
>>74389572
Despacito
>>
>>74389628
my favorite part of that ep was when he said something like "yeah, well everybody picked on everybody in school, what the fuck"
>>
>>74389665
This and "Plenty of people watched those towers burn. Some of them were listening to Wham, dude." are the greatest Ott quotes
>>
Is the @shallowrewards Chris Ott's actual twitter still? I know it used to be, but this new one feels really weird. Like it's somebody from 4chan pretending to be him. He just didn't seem like the type to call people cucks and retweet Brandon Wardell.
>>
>>74390010
Read the thread
>>
>>74389609
There's not much to say though Quadrophenia is the culmination of The Who as a band, conceptually and musically
>>
>>74389572
>What topics do you want to see him tackle?
Bots, bought followers, industry plants.
>>
>>74390010
probably someone from hipinion or an off-shoot who hates him runs it now
>>
>>74389353
lol sorry basinski fan you have to face the fact that your boyfriend is a hack
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.