[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else really let down with the path Young Thug's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Young-Thug_04-04-2016.jpg (79KB, 581x436px) Image search: [Google]
Young-Thug_04-04-2016.jpg
79KB, 581x436px
Is anyone else really let down with the path Young Thug's career took?

When he released Barter 6 out of nowhere everyone loved it because of how innovative it was, nothing sounded like it and Thugger was hyped up to be next big thing but after that he just made a bunch of generic mumblerap mixtapes
>>
>>74376471
I don't think generic is the right criticism.

The problem has been that just about everything he has released since is bad.
>>
>>74376471
He's still relatively innovative
Just not in the way you like
>>
>>74376471
how tf was JEFFERY or EBBTG "generic mumble rap"?
>>
I want production that's as out-there as his vocals
>>
>>74376471
>JEFFERY
>generic mumble rap
what is you on my nigga
>>
>>74376471
he still damn good

and this comes from a mumble rap hater
>>
we the people need Young Thug over PC music production
>>
Barter 6 and Jefferey are both 7s at best

The Slime Season tapes are pretty good but nothing special

EBBTG was awful, really disappointing

He's good and better than most of his contemporaries but he was always overrated
>>
>>74376491
>Slime Season 3
>JEFFERY
>Beutiful Thugger Girls
>bad
If anything, they might be better than Barter 6. That one had great songs, but also quite few forgettable ones
>>
I was just thinking about this! I'm kind of disappointed too.. Barter 6 was one of my fav mixes
I liked Jeffery it might be better
>>
Slime Season Thugger is great, especially SS2, yall need to get it together.

Thugger just needs to stop using the same lyrics over and over again...I think he's made a line about how wet/icy his jewelry is at least 50 times.
>>
>>74377139
honestly something like this. if he wants to be a Kanye or Kendrick level superstar, he needs to doing something completely new and inventive. he had the chance to completely reinvent country rap with EBBTG, and he kinda flopped with that sticking with safe alt r&b tracks. If his album was full of tracks like Family Don't Matter and Me Or Us, and maybe refined his lyricism more, it would've been something completely new and inventive. he's capable of so much more, but he just sells himself so short, whether it's his label or himself.
>>
>>74377183
>>74377254
SS3 is alright but no Thugger project will ever be better than Barter 6. That just might be the greatest trap tape of all time, sans Flockaveli maybe...
>>
>>74377426
rodeo. yrn2. DS2.
>>
>>74376640
his pre-cash money material is the closest you'll get
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTBx3K7JXo
>>
File: 1448526544414.jpg (19KB, 388x392px) Image search: [Google]
1448526544414.jpg
19KB, 388x392px
>you will never listen Halftime, With That and Check for the first time again
>>
File: leonard_cohen_shoot.png (470KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
leonard_cohen_shoot.png
470KB, 600x450px
>>74376471
he's gotta be pretty good if he's being managed by Leonard Cohen
>>
File: 1428855272375.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1428855272375.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>74377614
This 100%
Thugger literally singlehandedly was the gateway to me getting into mumblerap

I heard Check for the first time and my jaw dropped
>>
>>74377497
Barter 6 is better than RYN and DS2 easily. Rodeo is a matter of personal taste. I like Barter 6 more tho
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.