[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A follow-up to Smith's 2000 album was originally planned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

File: Elliott Smith.jpg (53KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
Elliott Smith.jpg
53KB, 430x430px
>A follow-up to Smith's 2000 album was originally planned to happen with Rob Schnapf, but their sessions were abandoned. Smith also began distancing himself from manager Margaret Mittleman, who had handled him since the Roman Candle days.[11] He finally began recording a new album with only himself and Jon Brion as producers sometime during 2001. The pair had recorded a substantial amount of music for the album when Brion confronted Smith about his drug and alcohol abuse.[50] Their friendship promptly ended, and Smith scrapped all of their work until that point. He later said "There was even a little more than half of a record done before this new one that I just scrapped because of a blown friendship with someone that made me so depressed I didn't want to hear any of those songs. He was just helping me record the songs and stuff, and then the friendship kind of fell apart all of a sudden one day. It just made it kind of awkward being alone in the car listening to the songs."[24]

>When Brion sent a bill for the abandoned sessions to DreamWorks, executives Lenny Waronker and Luke Wood scheduled a meeting with Smith to determine what went wrong with the sessions. The singer complained of intrusion upon his personal life from the label, as well as poor promotion for the Figure 8 album. The talks proved to be fruitless, and soon after, Smith sent a message to the executives, stating that if they did not release him from his contract, he would take his own life.[11] In May 2001, Smith set out to re-record the album, mostly on his own, but with some help from David McConnell of Goldenboy. McConnell told Spin that, during this time, Smith would smoke over $1,500 worth of heroin and crack per day, would often talk about suicide, and on numerous occasions tried to give himself an overdose.

His girlfriend killed him guys! we need to vilify her for no reason other than we like elliot smith's shitty music!!!!!!!
>>
>In the first of only three concerts performed in 2002, Smith co-headlined Northwestern University's A&O Ball with Wilco on May 2 in Chicago.[54] He was onstage for nearly an hour but failed to complete half of the songs.[13][55] He claimed that his poor performance was due to his left hand having fallen asleep and told the audience it felt "like having stuff on your hand and you can't get it off".[13] Smith's performance was reviewed as "undoubtedly one of the worst performances ever by a musician"[56] and an "excruciating […] nightmare".[57] A reporter for the online magazine Glorious Noise wrote, "It would not surprise me at all if Elliott Smith ends up dead within a year."[58]

He had it together!!!!!!! His girlfriend murdered him re open the case!!!!!!!
>>
Honestly the case that she killed him is way more stronger than courtney killing kurt. But elliott is less famous so no one cares.
>>
>>74375586
what is the case?
>>
Regardless of whether or not she actually killed him, she tried to sue his label/estate after his death for a huge chunk of the royalties pulled in from his music, which is reason enough to vilify her.
>>
>>74375490
>>74375407
>>74375794
LAPD still has it as an open case. It had essentially gone cold in 2003.
>>
>>74375586
not true by the way i was just kidding
>>
>>74375586
Kurt Cobain has nothing to do with this. At all.

Second off anyone who wasn't born in 1996 and was familiar with Elliott Smith back then, as he was actually happening, saw what happened coming.

It's absurd to me that people try to argue that he couldn't have killed himself because he was newly clean and trying to turn his life around.

That's exactly what led to it. He stopped self-medicating, couldn't deal with life like a normal person, got into a fight with his girlfriend and killed himself in a split second decision.

I think it's bullshit people accuse the girlfriend of murder. Completely disregarding how heavy of a thing that is to put on someone.
>>
>>74375919
>split second decision
this. dude was impulsive as fuck. he once got drunk and jumped off a cliff. just because things were somewhat looking up because of him quitting drugs doesn't mean it's unreasonable for a bad moment to push him over the edge
>>
elliott smith also believed a van was following him, got into a fight with LAPD officers, and destroyed his professional relationship with jon brion, the most talented person he ever worked with.

he was already gone before he actually died.
>>
>>74375407
>would smoke over $1,500 worth of heroin and crack per day

how can a person survive this without overdosing?
>>
>>74375407
>Look he has a history of bad stuff, so it's totally not convenient at all guys!
>>
>>74376507
you build up a tolerance.
>>
I find it hard to believe he would choose stabbing himself twice in the chest as his method of suicide, but I'm not saying it's impossible. It could be either/or. (lol)
>>
>>74376559
You don't know shit. Fuck off millennial retard.
>>
>>74375407
>smoking 1,500 dollars worth of heroin and crack per day
that's fucking impressive. OD'ing with a habit that big would be impossible no wonder he had to stab himself
>>
>>74376565
No, that's the reason why people overdose.
>>
>>74376908
You sound like an idiot.
>>
>>74376930
Explain to me how a tolerance can protect you from overdosing.
>>
>>74376989
Because the amount it takes to even get high would kill a new user.

You sound like an idiot.
>>
>>74375919
>It's absurd to me that people try to argue that he couldn't have killed himself because he was newly clean and trying to turn his life around.
It's also totally typical for people who are struggling to try to dramatically turn everything around as though they can fix their entire life all at once. That in itself is kind of a symptom of serious problems. You feel better at that moment but it all falls apart again later.
>>
>>74376989
You try your best to lay off it a few days so you take another hit that matched your tolerance before you quit. Dead.
>>
>>74377032
>It's also totally typical for people who are struggling to try to dramatically turn everything around as though they can fix their entire life all at once.
Which, if you read up on Elliott Smith, describes him perfectly.

He was even trying to give up *sugar*.

Sugar wasn't your problem, mate.
>>
>>74376989
Because if yo load a one gram shot of heroin into a shot and give it to someone who has NO tolerance they would probably overdose and die... Whereas a veteran user of dope would just be lit
>>
>>74377028
New users don't smoke $1500 worth every day. You build up a tolerance and need to smoke more to get high so you overdose.
>>
>>74377168
>New users don't smoke $1500 worth every day
Elliott Smith wasn't a new user dumb shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170805-184617.png (244KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170805-184617.png
244KB, 1080x1920px
>>74377200
Does this not make sense to you?
>>
>>74377308
It makes perfect sense.

You're just arguing an irrelevant point to the discussion at hand, which is "how can a person survive this without overdosing".

The answer: Elliott Smith had a higher tolerance. So he was able to consume $1500 a day worth of crack and heroin.
>>
>>74377380
Tolerance has nothing to do with survival. A high tolerance to heroin will only kill you faster.
>>
>>74377380
I can't believe you are actually this stupid. At this point you're just gonna keep arguing because you can't admit that you're wrong despite being completely anonymous.
>>
>>74377606
>>74377637
I'll take both of these as a concession as to how Elliott Smith survived a $1500/day addiction.

Come back when you're not college aged dorks living on your parents money.
>>
>>74377637
>At this point you're just gonna keep arguing
that's you though. see the original question.
>>
He committed seppuku on his heart
>>
>>74377786
If you think that's concession you're delusional.
>>
>>74378477
Oh, wait. You're still trying to argue? Even though it's been explained why Elliott Smith was able to sustain that kind of habit?

How can I break it down for you any simpler, simp?
>>
>>74378039
>how could a person survive $1500 worth of crack and heroine every day?
>someone claims he survived because he had a high tolerance

And that doesn't make any sense because having a high tolerance to heroine and crack won't prevent an overdose or save someone from dying. You just keep denying that fact and being rude to me so explain how does that make you think you're right?
>>
>>74378640
>>how could a person survive $1500 worth of crack and heroine every day?
By having a high tolerance to it

What are you trying to prove? That elliott smith did not survive that addiction? You do realize that he did not die of an overdose and you're factually wrong, right?

I'd suggest you stop with the anger issues.
>>
>>74378640
no one even knows what you're trying to argue
>>
>>74378714
I know he didn't overdose. I'm saying that his tolerance is not why he survived, he got lucky.

>>74378749
I thought I made it pretty clear. Having a high tolerance to heroine doesn't make someone less likely to overdose. How braindead are all of you to not be able to comprehend that?
>>
>>74378856
>I'm saying that his tolerance is not why he survived, he got lucky.
Lmao

Lucky? What?

He didn't overdose because he never overdosed. He never took the amount that his body couldn't handle.

Also it's not heroine, it's heroin.

Elliott Smith was able to take 1500 dollars worth of heroin and cocaine a day because his body was accustomed to it. Same as with any other drug, including alcohol. Alcoholics can slam a bottle of wine and not be drunk.

Am I arguing with a high school kid or something?

This is very, very straightforward.

This isn't a matter of "luck". Overdosing is a static thing. Either you take too much or you don't. It's not russian roulette. It's a matter of what your body is able to handle.
>>
>>74378898
You got hung up on my use of the word "lucky" but besides that it looks like you finally understand what I've been trying to say this whole time.
>either you take too much or you don't
Tolerance is not a factor.
>>
>>74378984
>Tolerance is not a factor.
Um, yes. Yes it is.
>>
>>74378984
you have got to be fucking kidding me. tolerance is everything.
>>
>>74378999
>>74379016
So if you do more drugs you can take what would normally be a lethal dose and be totally fine? Is that really what you believe?
>>
>>74375586
It's not at all. Chiba had no motive for killing him. They weren't married, so Chiba didn't get jack shit from Elliott dying. She was a cunt and she leeched off him but she didn't kill him.
>>
>>74379095
It's funny that you're arguing against that, and that myself, Kurt Cobain, Elliott Smith, Keith Richards, Layne Staley and all these other guys just somehow magically squeezed by death.

That's not how it works. The only way I can see you're still confused is if you've never drank or done a drug in your life.

When you're a heroin addict, you have to take what a first time user would take not to get high, but to simply keep yourself from going into withdrawals. This is not complicated and I'm confused what part of this concept you're having a problem with.
>>
>>74379144
Hey, stop trying to reason with the guy. You've made your point clear and logically and the mouthbreather can't follow because they've never seen a drug other than marijuana in their life.
>>
>>74379200
>Hey, stop trying to reason with the guy.
Yeah but I don't know what point he is trying to argue anymore. It's fucking weird
>>
>>74379234
We just don't get each other dude. I thought someone said that he survived because of his tolerance and that just doesn't compute. I get what you're saying and at this point I don't even know what we're arguing about.
>>
>>74379123
It's really interesting to see Elliott Smith fans turn on Chiba. Even in the most dedicated circles she isn't well liked. Most level headed people agree he killed himself and just think Chiba was a shitty person and bad influence. Some others are wackjobs that try to find where she is living and want her to be tried for murder. I really wish I was around for when the Sweet Addy boards were still active to see what they were saying about everything while Elliott was still alive.
>>
>>74379200
He didn't make anything clear, he just keeps making statements without actually responding to what I say.
>>
>>74379273
>Most level headed people agree he killed himself and just think Chiba was a shitty person and bad influence.
That's not even fair.

Elliott Smith was a trainwreck. I say this as a trainwreck myself. There was only one ending to this story. He wasn't long for this world, and everyone knew it. It's what made his music compelling in the first place. Yeah, it's sad and yeah it's tragic but the guy could've easily died the first time he tried to kill himself.
>>
>they're still going
>>
>>74379316
That's because no one knows what you're arguing

Do you think someone new to heroin would survive $1500 worth of drugs per day?

Do you think someone who has never drank alcohol before can drink a bottle of wine and feel fine the next day?
>>
elliott smith wasn't taking $1500 of heroin a day because he was lucky he was taking $1500 of heroin a day because that's what it took to make him feel good.
>>
>>74379423
I've said it at least 4 times now that a high tolerance won't protect you from an overdose and is not the reason why Elliott survived his binge. Someone new to heroin would probably pass out before they could take $1500 worth so yes they would survive and that can't be compared to a bottle of wine which is weak as fuck.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.